The Great Pigeon Slaughter: Cruel and Unusual Punishment in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Pigeon Slaughter: Cruel and Unusual Punishment in India

It is time for all Guppians to protest this form of cruel and unusual punishment carried out in India. I don't see why the jailers couldn't just force these fowl creatures to participate in naked pyramids instead.

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Indian jailers, furious at a prisoner's refusal to admit to murdering a fellow inmate, twisted the necks of about 100 of his pet pigeons and killed them, newspapers reported Thursday.

Another 300 birds safely escaped the jail in the northern Indian town of Ghaziabad, The Times of India reported. Animal groups say they plan legal action against the warders, it added.

The man, in jail for murder, had been feeding the birds for two years with the help of his wife, who brought food for them during her visits.

But after a fellow inmate allegedly died during police questioning this month, a death the authorities blamed on tuberculosis until an autopsy showed he was murdered, prison authorities pressured the inmate to confess to the killing, another paper, The Hindustan Times, reported.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...PIGEONS-DC.XML
    "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Re: The Great Pigeon Slaughter: Cruel and Unusual Punishment in India

it couldve been worse, they couldve killed him too.
    May your every wish be granted...
    Ancient chinese curse

Comment

talking abt indian police force,its one of the worst in india.culprit of human rights voilation.even in big city like mumbai a police contable rapes a adolescent girl thrice in police station and then says"tere ko jo karna hai kar le" indian police is perfect example of fence eating away the field
      Shahid Afridi in Green, has rocked the cradle of the Shivangi Dixit in Blue

Comment

Originally posted by shivangi
        talking abt indian police force,its one of the worst in india.culprit of human rights voilation.even in big city like mumbai a police contable rapes a adolescent girl thrice in police station and then says"tere ko jo karna hai kar le" indian police is perfect example of fence eating away the field
        That is sad to hear Shivangi, but alas, such is also the case with Pakistan...In the city of Karachi there is a very famous incident...

This family was being robbed in the middle of the day in their own house by a couple of armed robbers...The owner on the pretext of getting money, went inside one of the rooms and came out with a toy AK-47...I have seen that toy, and it looks very real...

The robbers thought so too and left...Police came, was told about the toy gun and then they took a report and left...An hour later the two trobbers came back and said to the house owner: 'So, where is that toy gun you scared us with?'

Many if not all in Pakistani Police are extremely non-religious...They are what you would call moderate Muslims...

And Shivangi, I have lived my life in Karachi, and I can tell you...Many of them have left the circle of Humanity, let alone Islam...They should be taken out from amongst the society and disposed off...
        Focus not on who you are but what you do...
        ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Lajawab, sometimes I feel like smacking you. "Moderate" muslims are not the same as "extremely non-religious" muslims.

Moderate muslims are perfectly good muslims since Islam asks for us to be moderate in our actions.

Side point, I know, but it bloody ticks me off when people like you think they know everything.
          I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

now i hope the kaidi doesn't tell the police any details @ all no matter how tough the 'drawing room' treatment is, in protest over the death of his pigeons. he'll be convicted eventually, so mite as well go down with a bang! go on son!!

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
              Lajawab, sometimes I feel like smacking you. "Moderate" muslims are not the same as "extremely non-religious" muslims.

Moderate muslims are perfectly good muslims since Islam asks for us to be moderate in our actions.

Side point, I know, but it bloody ticks me off when people like you think they know everything.
              You are right...I agree...They are not 'extremely' non-religious, rather just moderately religious...
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Working...
              X