Etiquettes... Lesser by the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etiquettes... Lesser by the day?

*sighs* Gone are the days, when guppies posted threads and they held enlightened messages or inquiries in 'em! Although the old guppys still hold up quite well by posting something worth while. But Gosh majority of the new guppies I've observed are just so darn rude at times. Where did the etiquettes go?

*a very annoyed*
    DB

Re: Etiquettes... Lesser by the day?

as kids, old guppies also walked 10 miles one way daily in the blistering sun to the only high school in the village with nothing but a nappy on and a folded roti tucked into it for lunch.
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

It's because queer's gone straight...It was funny when he was gay...
      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Queer shall always be loved regardless of being straight, curved, ragged, uneven, tilted, hanged, dangling or whatever he may appear to be where ever Lajawab

Comment

How are you DB? Come looking for that old laughter again?

Comment

yeah...DB=Daysee Behna=DB ... I'm sorry I'm kinda rusty on submitting new guppies to my memory. Do I know you or even the other way around? Btw...what laughter u referin to?

Gup wouldn't let me log into the Data base as my original nick, so just had it retrieved recently, so I'm having myself a party. Join in ;-)

Comment

It's not just here on gupshup....this is a reflection of society....it brings with it all the ills.....

Comment

Sure but after the first batch of mods (including moi *smiling*) were appointed ....gup was a leading example of a mini desi utopia. We took such nice care of this little forum *sigh*
                But with time like us all, everything has gotta move on eh :-/
                although I do detest seeing things desecrating

Comment

You comparison is sort of like

Early days of ptv and now... Quantity overtook the 'Quality'

In your days there may be 10-12 active members and it seemed like your varanda... now its more lke stock exchange
                  Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

^no way...u should just run a search on the year of 98,99,2000 ...u'll see there was alot more than a varanda filler. However gup now resembles a fish market or yes a stock exchange. But really quantity is fine if there is quality to it ;-)
                    **Chindakha pa lotay okhata, no wai chay: "Yera kabul may okatho!!"**

Comment

No 1. Quality... only one thread

Asli pari kaa dhaaga:halo:
                      Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                        No 1. Quality... only one thread

Asli pari kaa dhaaga:halo:
                        DB's point exactly

I hear ya DB...
                        What bothers me most is that people who have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to an ongoing discussion make it their business to deride the discussion and often the discussants in those threads and that wrecks the whole thread.
                        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Daysee Behna
                          yeah...DB=Daysee Behna=DB ... I'm sorry I'm kinda rusty on submitting new guppies to my memory. Do I know you or even the other way around? Btw...what laughter u referin to?

Gup wouldn't let me log into the Data base as my original nick, so just had it retrieved recently, so I'm having myself a party. Join in ;-)
                          Thanks for the invite...

The laughter I am referring to, happens rarely, DB...Others around you, might not even hear that laughter...

You remembered that laugh and came back to GS, looking for old friends to relive that laughter with...

Then you get married or something, then you miss that point of laughter, and retrace your steps back to that laughter...

GS was a stop on your way to rediscovering your lost laugh...You now seek those people, whom you met during your laughing times...

A little crazy, but hey...

Great party...Care to dance?

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib
                            What bothers me most is that people who have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to an ongoing discussion make it their business to deride the discussion and often the discussants in those threads and that wrecks the whole thread.
                            That makes me feel very satisfied
                            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

^ that comment wasn't meant for you specifically AQ... but the point above the comment was

This is just in general... if there's a serious query whether it be for knowledge or curiosity, there are people here who go in there to ask "its useless to know this... why'd you wanna know" etc. etc. and that pisses me off!
                              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X