Trying to be someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to be someone else

Why do we desis try to be someone we are not. We will take up fake accents, presume fake hobbies just to impress others, and overall try to be someone else to be accepted in the society. Why are we fighting this extra battle within?

I tell you, we would do a lot better as people if we came to terms with ourselves, our shortcomings and started feeling comfortable with our own self.

Try it for a day. You will feel light.

Re: Trying to be someone else

aye funguy...we should all be oh so proud of ourselves... do you mean "paki power pride"? or just generally proud of the human within?

tell me, which fake accent do u use? i want to ask about the fake hobbies too...but im scared...
    I understand, I just don't care.

Comment

Yep - them wannabees are a couple o notches below the stupid retard level.
      Prepare for eternity but live like there's death around the corner......

Comment

FG, Thatís exactly what I think after watching Geo and ARY.
        ďFirst they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.Ē

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Mohabbat
          tell me, which fake accent do u use? i want to ask about the fake hobbies too...but im scared...

I talk like an old professor and one of my hobbies is to make friends with my proteges

Comment

Originally posted by funguy
            You will feel light.
            I don't know about feeling light but I do want to be on the Light side.

- Luxury "Yoda" Item.

Comment

so true.....lets all drop it together....lets all go dance in the naked sunshine......this word sochiety is just a bloody word no?....no wonder they have these things called internet bulletin boards where ppl come and act ah so real.....
              pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

Yeah thats right, The other day i went to Jahangir's tomb... the gate keeper issued me Rs 200 ticket for being foreigner... Oh te fer main punjaabi ich unoo mama chacha yaad karaya te oudhi hosh thikaney ayee so then he issued me Rs 10 ticket
                Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

I regret my haircut I didnt even get it to impress others or be like somone else but I still regret it

Comment

Tell me about it man, trying to be someone/something else can be so stressful and you are right when we accept the person within us it ďfeels so lightĒ, saans aaraam si li jaati hai. Nothing wrong with change but it should be because we want it not just for show to impress others.

Burger brown sahib(a) are the obvious ones but thereís also others like me whoíll go to ridiculous lengths to try and conform to a certain culture to fit into certain identity and all the time feel uneasy with it, itís so frustrating Iím glad I accepted me for who I am, even if itís not portrayed to be as glamorous as my pseudo identity at least I know Iím being me and not a wannabe and Iím happy that way, contentness comes from within us and when weíre one with ourselves others can sense it because we give off positive vibes. We need to stop being perfectionists and in the quest for portraying ourselves to be our idea of perfect forget the person inside us.

Iíll stop the ramble I sound like Iíve smoked too much pot. :rotato:

Comment

funguy, you are completely incorrect, all my hobbies are accurate

Just so we are clear, my hobbies include voodoo accupuncture, building robots to take over the world, inventing religions, conquering planets and settling the political differences between my multiple personalities.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz
                        funguy, you are completely incorrect, all my hobbies are accurate

Just so we are clear, my hobbies include voodoo accupuncture, building robots to take over the world, inventing religions, conquering planets and settling the political differences between my multiple personalities.
                        Hahahahah. Anything else we should know Mr. Fraudia?

Comment

yeah, never wash your darks, whites and pets together.
                          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X