Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_632637.html
    .
    .
    .

    Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

    Hundreds of people in northern India have begun worshipping a British soldier who died 145 years ago.

    They believe he has divine powers and has helped people get off court cases and solve their sexual problems.

    Devotees are offering fruit, flowers, meat, cigarettes and liquor at the grave of Captain F Wale, at the palace garden ruins of Moosa Bagh in Lucknow.

    Captain Wale of the 1st Sikh Cavalry was killed in action during the Mutiny of 1857.

    Locals have even composed hymns and prayers to the soldier and taken to describing him variously as "Captain Baba" (Captain Sage), "Gora Baba" (White Sage) or "Gora Bhagwan" (White God).

    The grave, normally deserted, began attracting visitors following rumours of the captain's powers.

    It was believed people involved in serious criminal cases were acquitted by the courts after prayers were offered at the grave, or 'mazaar'.

    Young men looking for solutions to their sexual problems and barren women hoping to have children are also among those who regularly visit the grave.

    Sify.com reports one local man, Krishna Prasad, is reported to have offered beer at the grave in the hope Gora Baba would help him fulfil a wish to have sexual relations with a neighbour.

    The self-appointed caretaker of the grave, who is known only by her first name, Sakina, said: "Devotees took to the practice of offering alcohol and cigarettes at the grave because the captain was thought to be fond of drinking, smoking and sex."

    Story filed: 14:43 Friday 19th July 2002
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



    A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

    #2
    Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

    Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_632637.html
    .
    .
    .

    Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

    Hundreds of people in northern India have begun worshipping a British soldier who died 145 years ago.

    They believe he has divine powers and has helped people get off court cases and solve their sexual problems.

    Devotees are offering fruit, flowers, meat, cigarettes and liquor at the grave of Captain F Wale, at the palace garden ruins of Moosa Bagh in Lucknow.

    Captain Wale of the 1st Sikh Cavalry was killed in action during the Mutiny of 1857.

    Locals have even composed hymns and prayers to the soldier and taken to describing him variously as "Captain Baba" (Captain Sage), "Gora Baba" (White Sage) or "Gora Bhagwan" (White God).

    The grave, normally deserted, began attracting visitors following rumours of the captain's powers.

    It was believed people involved in serious criminal cases were acquitted by the courts after prayers were offered at the grave, or 'mazaar'.

    Young men looking for solutions to their sexual problems and barren women hoping to have children are also among those who regularly visit the grave.

    Sify.com reports one local man, Krishna Prasad, is reported to have offered beer at the grave in the hope Gora Baba would help him fulfil a wish to have sexual relations with a neighbour.

    The self-appointed caretaker of the grave, who is known only by her first name, Sakina, said: "Devotees took to the practice of offering alcohol and cigarettes at the grave because the captain was thought to be fond of drinking, smoking and sex."

    Story filed: 14:43 Friday 19th July 2002
    Figures...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

      unki marzi woh kuch bhi karien!! aap ko kyun khujli ho rahi hai !

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

        Sick minds!

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

          Originally posted by oursoulsatpeace
          unki marzi woh kuch bhi karien!! aap ko kyun khujli ho rahi hai !
          Kissay ho rahi hai? Hum tau aik baat discuss kar rahay hain...Aap is baat say digust kiyun ho rahay hain?

          Aray bhai, yeh tau saamp, choohay aur **** ki pooja bhi kartay hain...Hum nai in ko us waqt kuch nahin bola tau ab kiyun bolayn gai?

          Mujhay tau is baat ki khushi hai, kay Hinduism, jis main sab say neechi zaat Insan ko bola gaya hai, us nay thorha sa oopar dekh kar insaan ki pooja ki...

          Yeh kam az kam saamp, chooha aur **** say to behtar hai...

          Hamain kiya yaar...Karo jis cheez ki Ibadat karni hai...Hum tau aisi 'Huh?' aur 'Hmmm' kar rahay hain...
          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

            Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
            The self-appointed caretaker of the grave, who is known only by her first name, Sakina, said: "Devotees took to the practice of offering alcohol and cigarettes at the grave because the captain was thought to be fond of drinking, smoking and sex."
            At least they are only trying to meet two out of three of his needs
            Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
            Al-Ghazali

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

              Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT
              At least they are only trying to meet two out of three of his needs
              Capt. MS...You are to leave for India and provide the devotess with the three things the deceased Capt. was fond of...
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

                hahahahaha ...
                Adopt me Angelina.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

                  maddie! you left yourself wide open for that from from lajju!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

                    Originally posted by oursoulsatpeace
                    unki marzi woh kuch bhi karien!! aap ko kyun khujli ho rahi hai !
                    Shahid Afridi in Green, has rocked the cradle of the Shivangi Dixit in Blue

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

                      Originally posted by shivangi
                      bhaago !! Shivangi choot gayi!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Indians begin worshipping dead British soldier as 'god'

                        1st post is fine shine , but gives no room for discussion (there is no discussion)
                        The rest should be moved to 'cafe' or 'jokes'
                        *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
                        Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X