Tax Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Question

Wasn't sure where to post it so here it is...

I expected a refund for both federal and state. I filed an extention over
    the phone on April 15th. I am filing my taxes right now and I realzied that I will get a
    refund from federal but I owe couple hundred to State. I still went ahead
    and e-filed it using Turbo Tax earlier today thinking that it will prompt
    me for state tax payment options, credit card info etc. But it never did. How will I pay the State Tax that I still owe now after filing thru e-File?
    You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Re: Tax Question

Contact Turbo Tax or your state's tax helpline?

I only did the Fed Taxes from Turbo Tax as our state had it's own website to do e-filing for free.
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Would it be wise to just send a 1040V with the check now? Thats what TT is recommending anyway.
      You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

I would still call the state people and ask them. Mainly because you must just need to print the payment voucher and send a check with it, not all the tax forms. Two forms will confuse the revenue department people .. they get confused easily.
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

You probably also owe interest for the period from 4/15 till the time you pay. Check your state's rules and send them the check alongwith 1040V.
          "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Working...
          X