I insist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I insist...

What is it with people who keep insisting? I think its more of a desi thing cos when people say no they donít really mean no and just say it so they donít come across too anxious or the Ďkoi kya sochay gaí factor. For example when offered something to eat or drink, the first response is usually a Ďno thanksí and then when the one offering insists a couple of time they change their mind and accept. Look like it is considered civil if you turn down the offer the first time even if you donít really mean it.

A few years ago I used to work about 15 minutes away from home so I would walk it in the morning particularly when the weather was pleasant. Now these ladies who were my mum's friends happened to drive by and pulled over for me offering a ride. I politely declined only because I really didnít want a ride. If I did I would have even stopped their car and asked for one. So they started with their oh please come on let us drop you, so I tell them that I really want to walk and thatís why Iím on the road to start with, but no! They wonít listen. They keep insisting until I finally give up and get in the car. Idiots. Ruined my morning walk.
    Now at work my boss is always trying to feed me. No matter how many times I decline he is always dangling around with more and more food. Thatís really sweet of him but it annoys the hell out of me. Everday itís the same story. At times I even feel like Iím being rude but he just doesnít get it. No reason in the world works in getting him to stop offering food. If I tell him Iím not hungry he brings it back an hour later, if I say Iím trying to cut my calories he says u donít need to cut any calories or lose weight, ur fine. So I end up with the largest servings of food on my plate. I have even thrown away food in the trash can. That makes me feel awful.

But really how do you deal with such people who just cannot take a no??? Now while all you sillies make a mess of this thread I have to eat up the icecream he zabardasti left me a few minutes ago before it melts on my desk .

Re: I insist...

Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

^hahaha...i read that verizon..although im glad you deleted...its wasnt one of your original stories!

I used to think it was a desi thing too, but its soo not, i once had my driving instructer try to feed me grapes when i was doing 60 mph in a country lane. He said it would make me a better driver and would not stop offering until i did an emergancy brake and told him i was allergic to grapes! i mean...what else can you say?

i fired him after that
      I understand, I just don't care.

Comment

Naa-shukray logoN ki kammi nahee duniya may. Femme, if the same people wouldn't be doing what they are doing, you would be writing about how rude and impolite desis are. Kabhi khush naa hona.

Chalo, chorro, yay lau ... badaam khao

Comment

its not them its just that yr one of those nicer people in the world who do damage to themselves in order to keep others happy.

U need to stand strongly by yr words

Look in the mirror and practice saying 'NO,' 'JEE' 'NEHI,' 'NEIN', 'NAA' etc
          If u have nothing to do..........
          ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Comment

Originally posted by meeni
            yr one of those nicer people in the world who do damage to themselves in order to keep others happy.
            Very wrong assessment of the subject under discussion. She is anything but nice when it comes to being nice to others for the sake of being nice.

Comment

paki people r too pushy thats why we have to learn to say NO funguy!!

its better to be polite and refuse, but sumhow they dont see that!

-unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Mohabbat
                ^hahaha...i read that verizon..although im glad you deleted...its wasnt one of your original stories!

I used to think it was a desi thing too, but its soo not, i once had my driving instructer try to feed me grapes when i was doing 60 mph in a country lane. He said it would make me a better driver and would not stop offering until i did an emergancy brake and told him i was allergic to grapes! i mean...what else can you say?

i fired him after that
                Actually it did happen about 45 minutes ago and I am not kidding.
                Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

seeing as its your birthday Bob, im going to believe you this time.
                  I understand, I just don't care.

Comment

well if some one s insisting let them

I mean its not damaging you is it?
                    There is no salvation for the soul, But to fall in Love.
                    It has to creep and crawl, Among the Lovers first.

Imam Jallal-u-Din Rumi

Comment

hey its my birthday too!!!!

-unknown

Comment

FF ji, have you ever thought that it could actually be your fault for not being too ďclearĒ. If you have trouble saying NO, donít blame others for your lack of clarity and cogency. I often see people on my subway ride to work who want to engage me in a talk, and I tell them (unless you know why) that I am busy reading my newspaper.

Hereís what you need to say to those aunities:

ďI like walking to work and if I wanted to drive to work, I have my own car and I could have driven. Thanks for the offer however.Ē

Danday, I canít meet you for drinks after work today. I had one too many at lunch with the birthday boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
                          I often see people on my subway ride to work who want to engage me in a talk, and I tell them (unless you know why) that I am busy reading my newspaper.
                          No no, not my Madhanee. You can't be so rude. I always thought of you as a people's person. Prefering paper over people is so rude.

Comment

Do you honestly think I didn;t say that MAdhanee. I really really did, but God forbid they try to understand what you're saying.

FG next time you offer to visit me my NO will be pretty clear

And Happy 41st Verizon.

Comment

kamaal he no-one wished me a happy b'day!!

-unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X