is it ok to talk during the azaan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it ok to talk during the azaan?

Sometimes, auntie's at the musjid will talk like with a normal-pitched voice when somebody is giving the azaan. I usually don't talk or atleast in a lower voice. But is it ok to talk while someone is giving azaan?

Re: is it ok to talk during the azaan?

nope , no talk while azan is going on rather than talk people should answer the azaan
    Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets

Comment

I would think not, as common sense tells me that it is disrespectful. But I may be wrong....
      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Yea that's what I thought. But what If some people are just sitting around waiting for namaaz to begin? I don't wanna be rude and say anything to people that do talk during the azaan, but I think it's a bit disrespectful.

Comment

There is a hadeeth which forbids to talk during adhaan
          Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Oh. That's funny. lol When I asked someone this question at the musjid, she said there was a hadees saying it was alright to talk during the azaan.

I asked my dad just now and he said to tell you people that it is not forbidden, but you should not, because it's disrespectful.

Comment

What about girls who talk and stuff while ur reading namaz? In my MSA, the really smart premed/prelaw girls seem to get illiterate as soon as they get in there. There's signs posted up alllllllll over hte place saying "STFU!" (okay not exactly stfu, but really nicely say be quiet and have some hayya and stuf fand be respectful of those praying) but they dont' seem to listen ... i've such a hard time concentrating esp since I'm not in the habit of namaz, and get easily distracted but i dunno how to tel them to SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP P w/o being rude
              The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Phatima: I will have to find out the hadeeth that I read. My knowledge tells me otherwise but I may be wrong
                Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

aunties are so annoyin.. they get to me.. Seriously.. I mean azaan kay beech mein... aur tu aur.. this one aunty yelled across the masjid to call his son up.. i mean aunty jee yeh masjid hia..
                  Proud member of Shahid Afridi fan Club!

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                    Phatima: I will have to find out the hadeeth that I read. My knowledge tells me otherwise but I may be wrong
                    Nah I believe you. You're a smart person.

Comment

Yea some people are really rude even when there's a speaker at the musjid. They need to understand that some dorks (such as myself ) actually listen to what the speakers are saying

Comment

Originally posted by phatima1
                        Nah I believe you. You're a smart person.
                        actually you should not do that much often when it comes to Islam. We need to find out the correct thing first.

I did find a hadeeth that says it's not forbidden:

Sulayman ibn Surad talked during the adhan. Al-Hasan said, "There is no harm in laughing while the adhan or the iqama is being given."

Now, I did read something different too but I think that was in a different context.. Let me see if I can find out that..

Comment

I don't think it's forbidden, but should be avoided. There's way more rewarding things you can do.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
                          Allah's Apostle said, "Whenever you hear the Adhan, say what the Mu'adhdhin is saying.
                          (Bukhari)
                          !!! World's Shortest Giant !!!
                          (A Man and a Half)

Comment

Originally posted by The Hunk
                            I don't think it's forbidden, but should be avoided. There's way more rewarding things you can do.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
                            Allah's Apostle said, "Whenever you hear the Adhan, say what the Mu'adhdhin is saying.
                            (Bukhari)

I was looking for the exact this one :-)

I read the explanation of this and a common understanding was to listen to Adhaan and reply to the call than talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                              actually you should not do that much often when it comes to Islam. We need to find out the correct thing first.

I did find a hadeeth that says it's not forbidden:

Sulayman ibn Surad talked during the adhan. Al-Hasan said, "There is no harm in laughing while the adhan or the iqama is being given."

Now, I did read something different too but I think that was in a different context.. Let me see if I can find out that..
                              Ok so it's alright to laugh during the azaan, but talking is forbidden. I dunno about you all, but when I laugh, I laugh REALLY LOUD. Hehhe

Comment

Working...
                              X