British Accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Accent

is it really that hard to understand? Ive realised alot of other people from other countries ....even americans have difficulty understanding our English. why?

even some foreign students at uni cant sometimes understand us and we have to repeat wot we said many times. the one who has the BIGGEST problem is my chinese lecturer....he can never understand my friend....even if she repeats 5/6 times and I then have to translate for her :halo: he understands me quicker than he understands her

and then there is also a phd student...who's from India. me and friend were working together so she called him over for some help with some work....she started explaining to him what she was stuck on ....and guess wot he says to her ? "im sorry I dont understand ur English" u shouldve seen the look on her face when he said that....she just zipped her mouth after that....and then I had to translate once again

but even with my English, they sometimes have a problem with it.... then I have to repeat everything slower
    ~ the world is out to provoke you,if you get provoked it's your downfall! ~

Re: British Accent

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the british accent! butt...it is hard to understand sometimes...my fiance's cuzn lived in uk his whole life...n he's got that hott accent...but when i talk to him..i always have to ask him to repeat wut he said
    People put up walls not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to break them down

Comment

British accents are hilarious . Yea it's a bit hard understanding them sometimes. I love making fun of them, though. Haha, my sister can do a really funny imitation of a British accent . Ok, but Johnny Depp sounds kinda cute with that Brit accent. Laiken sirf him

Comment

ummm .. i don think so .. but since i was taught by a british teacher in my 1-5 grade , i didnt have much probz understandin my cousinz down in london but niether my dad had any :S .. i dono , may be some ppl do.
        !! G/-\m£z 0\\//ä !!
        Im a rapping god I spit my shiit ~NEAR PERFECTION~ If you read my **** back to back you might give ya self an ~EAR INFECTION~ BY ME

Comment

^Londoners speak different. their accent is very close to American....theres is too posh just like the Queen

I mean go up north abit...like Birmingham although I dont have the brummy accent....I dont know wot my accent is

but I love Manchester accent....my cousins wife is from there and I really like the way they speak....and my cousin is also picking it up from his wife

yorkshire accent is also cute though. if u heard it phatima...u wouldnt stop laughing.

and scottish accent....well lets say "no comment" to that

Comment

Originally posted by ChupKeSe
            i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the british accent! butt...it is hard to understand sometimes...my fiance's cuzn lived in uk his whole life...n he's got that hott accent...but when i talk to him..i always have to ask him to repeat wut he said
            yeah I know its cute.....I even like the way I talk I hope im not being conceited here. so u think our accent is hot ?

phatima -British accent beats American accent anytime you lot speak from ur noses . and its like sooo funny

Comment

i had a geogrophy teacher from birmingham ... that counts ???

but i realy think their accent is like **VERY ENGLISH** i actualy like brit accent better n scotish is like mixed with arabic n english .. :S
              !! G/-\m£z 0\\//ä !!
              Im a rapping god I spit my shiit ~NEAR PERFECTION~ If you read my **** back to back you might give ya self an ~EAR INFECTION~ BY ME

Comment

i would loveeeeeeee to speak with a brit accent! that would be sooo hotttt
                People put up walls not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to break them down

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bombastic
                  i had a geogrophy teacher from birmingham ... that counts ???

but i realy think their accent is like **VERY ENGLISH** i actualy like brit accent better n scotish is like mixed with arabic n english .. :S
                  Brummy accent is horrible :yukhh: Im glad I dont have it I dont know wot my accent is. what is it shararti if ur around....please enlighten me :halo:

yeah English accent is better than scottish.....there's is even more funny than Americans

Comment

where im from we r known to have the 'poshest' of english accents. and its true coz i get told alot that i speak the queens accent!
                    If u have nothing to do..........
                    ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ChupKeSe
                      i would loveeeeeeee to speak with a brit accent! that would be sooo hotttt
                      really? Ive heard alot of people say this....and especially people who are not British who ive talked to over the phone etc.....they do tend to like my accent. but I thought they were just being nice

Comment

Originally posted by meeni
                        where im from we r known to have the 'poshest' of english accents. and its true coz i get told alot that i speak the queens accent!
                        where u from ? Oxford or South London? :halo:

Comment

oh my golly IMPULSE yes im from Oxford!!!!!
                          If u have nothing to do..........
                          ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse
                            Brummy accent is horrible :yukhh: Im glad I dont have it I dont know wot my accent is. what is it shararti if ur around....please enlighten me :halo:

yeah English accent is better than scottish.....there's is even more funny than Americans
                            u know i went to london with my american cousinz to holla at my brit cousinz lol ... n this fag in mall made fun of my *abcd* cousin ... n after that i chooz to be silent during rest of the time
                            !! G/-\m£z 0\\//ä !!

Comment

noooo its the hottest accent everrrr!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X