• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaysian men feel “threatened” by tall, dark and handsome Pakistanis

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...931&sec=nation

No handsome Pakistanis please

BY JANE RITIKOS
    KUALA LUMPUR: Bollywood-style looks appear to be a no-no for some Malaysian employers applying for workers from Pakistan.

This strange request came from an employer who obviously did not want romance to hinder the smooth operations of his firm, as experienced by some who had employed Bangladeshi workers in the past.

The request to supply Pakistani workers who are not handsome surprised the Overseas Employment Corporation of Pakistan (OEC) executive director Zafar Ali.

OEC managing director Masood-ur-Rahman Masood smiled at the idea that Malaysian men were threatened by the Pakistanis' tall, dark and handsome looks.

There should be no problems. Our two countries are friends and shouldn't pose any problem to one another.

Pakistanis have strong family ties, and are Muslims so there will not be any problems of that kind, added Zafar.

Masood was here yesterday to meet and discuss with interested Malaysian employers on procedures to employ Pakistanis at the High Commission of Pakistan here.

He said while it had been reported that Malaysians feared extremists and militants entering the country in the process, none of the prospective employers had expressed this fear.

What they stated was they wanted to be assured of workers who are capable and suitable for the jobs, and that they won't run away, he said.

He said all Pakistanis would be screened before being sent to work overseas and the OEC co-operated with the district police, federal investigation agency (FIA) and intelligence bureau in Pakistan in vetting their background.

Certainly, he said when asked if this would guarantee there would be no Taliban and al-Qaeda terrorists among those coming here.

Masood said that so far 25 Malaysian companies in the agriculture, construction, services and manufacturing sectors, had stated their intentions to employ Pakistanis.

Re: Malaysian men feel threatened by tall, dark and handsome Pakistanis

I wonder if they'll have a Miss World type selection process, where the ugly chaps get the prize.
    May your every wish be granted...
    Ancient chinese curse

Comment

My husbands closest friend from childhood lives and works in Malaysia, he calls him every week. The man loves it there. I haven't heard of any discrimination there against Pakistani people, in fact heard the opposite.
      "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
      Someday we gonna dance with those lions
      Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

Originally posted by nicols_john

This strange request came from an employer who obviously did not want romance to hinder the smooth operations of his firm, as experienced by some who had employed Bangladeshi workers in the past.

what utter nonsense!
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Comment

i didnt know pakistani men were that handsome. i wonder how malaysian men look.

Comment

What tall dark handsome paki men??
            Slightly Crazy and Plenty Lazy

Comment

I was just wondering at the tall, seen some handsome. How tall are Malaysian?
              "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
              Someday we gonna dance with those lions
              Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

Malaysian men feel threatened by pak men? why do they assume all pak men are gay? such stereo (in this case mono) typing

Comment

If oogly is what Malaysians were looking for they should've went to India....the stink alone would have sufficed in keeping the status of Malaysian men in tact....
                  "Mai baap Amreeka has decided to breakup Pakistan, MQM will support Amreeka and I will not stop killing pukhtoons" - Pir Altaf Bhaggorra of Landan...

Comment

Re: Malaysian men feel “threatened” by tall, dark and handsome Pakistanis

That's true, I've also heard from a lot of different sources that Malaysian/Indo women find Paki men attractive, heard from a few relatives over there ke wahaan ki khawateen pakistani mardon ke saath shauq se shadi karti hain.

I think indo/malay/philipino people are better looking than us but they're so tiny lol.

Comment

Damn...I can't work in Malaysia anymore...
                      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

wow! one little news item's got che, ranj lajjo ...the whole greek pantheon of pakistan panting! take it easy guys....if they don't like you, no need to force yourselves on them!

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab
                          Damn...I can't work in Malaysia anymore...
                          Aww no probs Lajawab I am sure there are other options available for hunks like u
                          Dont go on my looks! Iam TOUGH!
                          I Mean It!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviliciousss
                            What tall dark handsome paki men??
                            Ditto

Comment

FF Ji, Kuch tou Allah ka Khof karaiN.

Ditto died a long time ago, and he wasn't very handsome either.

Comment

Working...
                              X