Clear All

Mother's Day

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
    "O" means only that she's growing old,
    "T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
    "H" is for her heart of purest gold;
    "E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
    "R" means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "Mother," A word that means the world to me. Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

some random stats
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Re: Mother's Day

Wow.. u really made me cry..
    ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

Its a lovely poem.... we actually had mothers day back in March in the UK. but got so confused with all the spam i'd been getting this week about mothers day that i bought her a present anyway. only realised after that it wasnt mothers day here - explains the strange look i got from my mum tho when i gave it to her.

Comment

i love u soooo much mummmmmmyyyyyyyyy :flower:
        **Life is just LikE Diing Doong**
        *********TeRe__BiN********

Comment

i dont agree with this concept :halo:

Everyday should be a mother's day
          If every country in the world is in debt
          Where the hell did all the money go !!

Comment

Happy Mothers day to all guppans that are moms, and a very special Happy Mothers day to the expecting Mommies.
            Hope you all have a wonderful Mommies day.
            Last edited by Verizon; May 8, 2005, 11:05 AM.
            Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

For us desis every day is Mothers day.
              Certainly no one wants to ignore his mother on a day set aside just for her honor, but the commercialization and shallow sentimentality of the event make it somehow just another insult to endure.
              “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Comment

Verizon, a happy VE Day to you :>

[thumb=H]VE-Day11313_8125308.JPG[/thumb]

Comment

a VE joke as well

WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH?

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a Naval conference that included admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a group of half dozen or so officers that included personnel from most of the countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked: "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?"

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied:

"Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German."

Suddenly the group became very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Smith
                    For us desis every day is Mothers day.
                    Certainly no one wants to ignore his mother on a day set aside just for her honor, but the commercialization and shallow sentimentality of the event make it somehow just another insult to endure.
                    Hear hear!

Comment

Originally posted by James_Bhaand
                      i dont agree with this concept :halo:

Everyday should be a mother's day
                      i agree
                      People put up walls not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to break them down

Comment

^Agree too.
                        Tum Karbala kay baad bhee Syed-Sajjad a.s. ho
                        Koi or hota tou khatha Khuda koi nahin hai

Comment

I wished my mom today, made some of her favorite Chinese food, gave her a gift and enjoy the happiest look on her face all day long... I am so happy that there is a day for mom and dad, and she was really very happy. She was extremely sick from last two weeks and even today, but today she felt like she never had a pain...

We don’t believe in these things too, and off course I am not that rich to buy her diamond or gold jewelry all the time except from her birthday... But this was truly her day and my mom literally enjoyed being special.

In this life, we have millions of tensions and worriness as part of our lives, what if we can buy something that our beloved parents like, or spend all day with them leaving our work that we cant do in regular basic, do you think its wrong? At least I don’t think so. My mom was happy, she wasn’t happy yesterday or last week or even last month, but today she felt good. And its all because of mother’s day… Thanks to whoever made this day…

Moms are the best. I wish i would never be the cause of her sadness

Comment

And i wish i would make everyday a mother's day or father's day, but unfortunately sometimes we cant

PS: i aint saying that we should love them or care about them only on these days. Everybody loves their parent, i hardly doubt that their will be anyone who doesnt.... But nobody goes arround tellin their moms or day that i love u bla bla, but sometimes they do need special attention or they get happy when u buy them something special or wont let them work for the whole day so they will enjoy and relax..

Comment

A poem for my Mum..

Who ran to help me when I fell,
                              And would some pretty story tell,
                              Or kiss the place to make it well?
                              My mother.
                              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Working...
                              X