Slowest Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowest Line

It seem to me that I always wind up in the slowest line when shopping.

Now its more irritating once I started noticing it.

I can relate to the pain because I always wind up in the longest line.

Now its more irritating once you mentioned that.

Comment

Give a thought to those people on the checkouts, they have to deal with the most obnoxious people ever...

------------------
      Hey, Who stoped the payments on my reality cheque?

They watch us...I watch them...!!

Comment

libra, I've there, I know.

Comment

Does that mean you used to be a checkout clerk? I did that for about 4 months when I was in high school, until I realized I was turning into a monster. It was an annoying job, and I started to get very irritable. Now I am of course always very charming.

Comment

Well, look at the bright side. It gives a chance to finish the cookies in the open box (which of course you brought with you from home).

Comment

Yeah, I worked at different gas stations, grocery stores, even super market for about first 4 years when I came to US. (92-95).

But it's not completely that bad experience at all. As a matter of fact, I sometimes look back and see how sometimes it was really fun chatting with customers etc. I have some of the most wonderful memories of my life living through those times.

I think it was all because I knew it was going to be over eventually.

Comment

Being behind the cash register is not an easy job. You have to be oh...so photogenic the whole time and have a smile pasted to your face even if you don't really feel like smiling. But it's always a pleasure to talk to those kind of nice people who always put a smile on other's face.

Comment

I never had to work in a type of job where I had to serve the masses e.g. gas store or supermarket...and thats with a good reason. I am allergic to stupid people and woulda prolly wanna reach out and smack em upside the noggin.

I marvel those who have done this and do this and put up with idiots all the time and each day.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

No Fraudia, there are all types of people there. Some are idiot like you said, the others are geniunely nice people.

I had a lot of regular customers with whom I used to enjoying chatting. They would come for a pack of cig or something and stay for 1/2 hour and just we'll just chat. I even dated couple of women by meeting them like that.

It's just part of the life experience, good or bad, I am glad I went through it.

Comment

>>> I even dated couple of women by meeting them like that.<<<

that is shoplifting. Both parties.

Comment

O come on Ahmadi, employees are allowed certain perks.

Comment

Yaar NYA,

Roman is absolutely right. There's no better place to have some "meat" without much effort. I've done the same thing.

Comment

Roman mah lad

u got me all wrong, i dinn say about the ppl who work there but the abuse that they hafta put up with from many who feel they can be rude to them. I see it happen all the time.

ever been to a desi restaurant and see some moron uncle completelt being an ass to a desi waiter....I want to reach out mahself and smack the uncle dewd...i marvel at that waiter's ability to maintain his composure.
                            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I thought you were talking about customers.

Man, don't even talk about desi owners. They are the worst kind of employers in the world. You would think that they are from you country, share the same religion, culture, blah, blah and would be friendly but that's not the case.

The problem is that many students or new immigrants who come to US don't know anybody here so naturally they have to depend on desi community, mainly gas station or stores etc. to find temporary work while they are going to school or establishing themselves. This is the case for those people whose families back home don't have means to provide for their living and education in US. I was one of them.

If I would to pick two words to describe general desi boss attitude towards these people, I would say 'Exploitation and Jealousy'.

[This message has been edited by Roman (edited April 13, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X