Prom Night --(to all the US Guppies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prom Night --(to all the US Guppies)

Hi! In England we don't have any equivalent of a high school Prom Night -but from all the US movies and shows on tv it seems like it is a big American tradition...

So, what was your Prom Night like?

(or perhaps Pakistanis in America dont do Prom Night?)

What exactly IS Prom Night about?

Pakistanis.......PROMS , yeh we have them in our computers ( Primary Read Only Memory )

------------------
    Your luv maybe a thrill but it doesnt pay my bill.

Comment

What was my Prom like??

I dont' know -- cuz i'm going to have mine soon enough yet!! http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif Inshallah. hehe.

oh btw, we call our Prom more of a "Formal."

------------------
      Somethings in life that once ever change.....there's the smell of the rusted chain.....did my crying - out in the pouring rain...

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited April 07, 2000).]

Comment

Mine was pretty spirited (lot of spirit). Well not exactly a prom night, but after finishing my BA finals, a group of us went bar hopping in London and I really don’t remember much about it except we had to carry some of our buddies in shopping carts. If anyone remembers “It ain’t heavy, it is Light” commercial. Well let me tell you in case you don’t. My Irish buddy Michael was carrying his brother on his shoulders after a long night of drinking, and I asked him “is it Harry you are carrying?” well, Mikey was equally drunk and he answers me: “it ain’t heavy, it is light”.

That’s where the idea for that beer commercial came from, and the guy who made that commercial is also a friend of mine.

Needless to say that I am not the same person as I was then.

Comment

My prom night's gonna be P.H.A.T!!!
          Im'a drink, get high, have sex, and do it all over again. http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

P.S. THAT WAS A SIMPLE JOKE.

------------------
          Grab your glocks when you see 2PaK
          Call the cops when you see 2PaK

Comment

hah!
            surrrrrre 2Pak....

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited April 07, 2000).]

Comment

OH how i wish i could go!!!!! My parents will never let me go to prom. of course, its too unislamic for them. But i really want to go, if i could go it would be the next two yrs (jr./sr.) But that is one of the things i REALLY want to do, (sigh) but in england u don't have any major formal? its an american pastime. and like stated earlier for a lot of ppl its time to get high, drunk, and sex

------------------
              "Dil hai ki manta nahin"- always 714
              ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
              ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

Comment

Prom Night
                aah how can i forget it
                since being a musilm and all no boyzzzzzz was the rule
                so like us friends like five of us had the fun of our lives
                hired the strectch it was a white one
                i designed my dress myself since i couldnt find anything i liked
                it was ice blue with little glittery stars i stiched myself all over it
                i wore a tiara cause like hello i wanted to
                there was this one friend who wore a sari
                the whole night she spent explaining to all what exactly she was wearing
                so we danced had fun no drinks
                plus we gotto select the DJ a week before like at lunch time so it was superb

Comment

oh in answer to your question "what is Prom Night"

its like the last dance party for the Seniors before the graduation, just like the autumn under stars night, and all those other dances .......

i think they overdo it in the movies like nobody gets that drunk at the actual prom
                  maybe at the other private parties ppl attend after the prom and sex ? well i dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Anchal:
                    oh in answer to your question "what is Prom Night"

its like the last dance party for the Seniors before the graduation, just like the autumn under stars night, and all those other dances .......

i think they overdo it in the movies like nobody gets that drunk at the actual prom
                    maybe at the other private parties ppl attend after the prom and sex ? well i dunno

We can have our own prom, Muzna, Sabah, and you with me. How about that?

------------------
                    Bubble Buster
                    "You mess with the BEST
                    You LOSE like the REST!"

Comment

I have the same problem as 714. I am a senior and i really want to go to the senior prom but my parents won't let me go. So sad....... http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Comment

We dont do that stuff remember we are muslims? what prome? PEOPLE remember who you are...even living in this country remember!!!
                        we inherited MELAS from hindus and birtydays and now we ll inherite PROMS from americans wow way to go (pakistanioo) mulims..make something of your own..and let the other inherite it rather than you adopting theirs...we are changing as i pridicted..we ll all say we are going and this and that all that BS but none of us will go trust me. i didnt went to my prom...becuse i dont think its RIGHT. oh well its been 2 years who cares its history!
                        i think i got my self in trouble now.

Jaawan

------------------
                        Till next time***Keep_It_Simple_Stupid***©

Comment

What you guys talking about? I have a lot of Muslim friends who went to prom and after-prom parties, and their parents didn't know jack about it.

Comment

You can hide anything from your parents but not from Allah.

Comment

jaawan its not against islam to go to prom, my parents don't like that whole "dating atmosphere" that kinda stuff. i wish my parents would let me go with a grp of friends. it isn't gonna happen though. i would not wear a sari though. and there isn't anyway i could sneak out for prom. and true you can't hide anything form allah.

http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

------------------
                              "Dil hai ki manta nahin"- always 714
                              ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
                              ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

Comment

Working...
                              X