Driving back home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving back home

Few months back, I was working on a project that was on a an hour's drive (one way) from my place. Every day I would drive for an hour to get back home.

Now a days I am working on a project that's only 5 minutes' drive. I start my car, come out on the highway and next thing I know, I am already at work. Same thing going back home.

I think I miss driving long for going back home these days. I don't want to reach to my place within 5-10 minutes. I want to drive at leas 1/2 hour to get back. I find driving back home really relaxing and soothing.

You skip to your favorite song (these days it's Sting's This cowboy's song), pump up the volume, put on shades, open the sunroof, and just drive away on the outstretched road.

Some times in the comfort of my car and music, I am relaxed enough that I can see the face of the day. Yes, the day has a face.

I wonder if somebody else enjoy driving back home from work?

Depends on the traffic. Back when I worked for the World Trade Center my commute was 88 miles each way but it was all highway so it was great.

My current commute is half an hour to 45 mins depending on traffic and its not bad. I listen to shockjock radio in the morning, anyone else listen to ManCow? and retro stations on the way back.

Unless its friday when I am blasting prodigy, chemical brothers, roni size etc on the way back.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Roman, please move to Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by zaraatif:
        Roman, please move to Houston.
        This is not another curse, is it?

Comment

Well, in a way, yes.

Comment

Please elaborate so that I keep Houstan out of the way.

Comment

Well, I gotta go drive home now, so I can't elaborate much, but....A five-minute drive can turn into an hour drive at any moment! And by the way, what is a five-minute drive?

Comment

Roman I can understand your reaction on a short drive...If it was Pak I would have suggested a visit to 'larkioN ka college' on the way back to make it an hour's drive...but here in Amrica we don't even have that option....how sad! my gel bottle is still half full and the pink jacket is in the back seat of the car for ever now. :-(

ciao,
                BoSS

Comment

>> my gel bottle is still half full and the pink jacket is in the back seat of the car for ever now

Yeah, and I've not pumped up grease's You're the one I want in ages either.

Comment

Rom Yara, I feel sorry for your situation. It is terrible to be in such a proviso. My condolences. Are you sure you donít mean your sex-drive? Caz you have this thing with screwing with words. 5 mins.. much too short.

Comment

Geez... everybody is after my 5 minute drive here... ok so make it 10 minutes, happy? But it's still too short.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman:
                        But it's still too short.
                        *sigh* I am sorry to hear that
                        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Roman,
                          You said

But it's still too short.

I know a Hakim in Karachi who can help you. They sell a special kind of oil called SANDAY KA TAEL. Use is for one month and you will never complain again.

Comment

If the drive is only 5 - 10 minutes then walking with walkman strapped to your head could stretch that out to 1/2 hour or more plus you get a little exercise all rolled into one.

But, in Aamereeka - one walking is usually gawked & stared at, considered "maybe too poor to afford a car". You can almost see them quickly rolling up their windows in fear that you might approach the car.

No wonder,if living in Suburbia, one hardly sees anybody walking - the driver rules.

Comment

Originally posted by johnd:
                              I know a Hakim in Karachi who can help you. They sell a special kind of oil called SANDAY KA TAEL. Use is for one month and you will never complain again.
                              Tumhain baray hakim logon ka patah hai, Roman ko shayad zaroorat naheen hai iss liye ussay naheen maloom, aap ko zaroorat thee toh aap nay dhoond liya

Comment

Working...
                              X