Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search of a secure life

All,

Security means different things to different people. To one person, security is a job; to someone else, it is wealth; and to a third person, security is a crime free environment.

Does it mean something else to you?

What steps do you take in order to make your life more secure?

To start with, I would come up with a name which is less difficult to pronounce than yours.
    The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Tariq Bhai, Fusaichi Pegasus is a thoroughbred and should be easy enough to pronounce for anyone who is interested in this fine and graceful animal. A more difficult is perhaps Bisquet-De-Bouche or Katy Nowaitee

Fusuichi yar, security to me is my char-dewari. I feel very safe when I am home with my family.

Comment

Damn NY..., you are good. I have to empty my stomach first by inserting my finger in my throat and throw up before I could pronounce even one of those names.

BTW, is Fusaichi Pegasus some kind of Big Cat (now before you laugh, realize that nobody knows everything).
        The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
          Fusuichi yar, security to me is my char-dewari. I feel very safe when I am home with my family.
          what about a roof?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

>>>>>>Does it mean something else to you?
            Security comes form with in. One has to be at peace with himself. One has to feel comfortable about his beliefs and 'everything' which revolves around him and his personality

>>>What steps do you take in order to make your life more secure?
            I don't lie to myself.

ciao,
            BoSS

Comment

Tariq K:

You don't even have to try to pronounce it.. just cut & paste...

NY:

Crime could occur anywhere.. inside or outside.. What if somebody breaks in?

BoSS:

Youv'e got a point here. However by not lying to yourself do you make your job more secure? Does it increase your wealth? Does it prevent you from being the target of a crime?

[This message has been edited by Fusaichi Pegasus (edited April 07, 2000).]

Comment

"Security to me is comfort."
                First step i take is i don't make others uncomfortable, this way others comfort me.

Comment

>>>do you make your job more secure?
                  Yes, to me, the meaning of security is peace with myself...and one can only be at peace if he can analyze himself without bias...

>>>Does it increase your wealth?
                  No! and if wealth was a criteria of security then Nawaz sharif would have been a free man today.

>>>Does it prevent you from being the target of a crime?
                  No! If sense of security was based on having resources to save u from being a victim of a crime then JFK and Indra Ghandi would have lived longer.

ciao,
                  BoSS

Comment

BoSS,

Let me re-phrase what I've asked so it become more simple to understand. The topic is really about personal security and measure we take.

Higher Education:
                    A good number of young people all over the world are unemployed. Hence, for that age group, much depends on one question, How do I get a job that will make my life more secure? Many believe that this goal can be best achieved through higher education. But the question is ... Does higher education always offer job security?

Wealth:
                    This may appear to be sound approach, since a good bank balance is a reserve to fall back on in difficult times. Again the question is ... does increased wealth always improve personal security?

Crime:
                    How are people coping with crime?
                    Personal safety starts at home, like NYAhmadi indicated. Neighborhood watch & residential security patrol are some of the ways to combat against crimes. And parents, may take extra precautions to protect their children. But does neighborhood watch & security patrol reduces overall crime? Maybe not because crimes may simply shift into unprotected areas.

Comment

>>>Security means different things to different people
                      Exactly

>>>Let me re-phrase what I've asked so it become more simple to understand.
                      Thanks

>>>The topic is really about personal security and measure we take.
                      I guess I have already replied to that and our stance on the subject looks different (Nothing wrong with that)...Call me a pessimist but no matter what one does...I don't think you are ever 'completely' secure...u r lucky if u think otherwise.

ciao,
                      BoSS

Comment

Working...
                      X