Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Marriages

I've posted the text of the speech
    delivered by the Baroness at the Family Poceedings Cnference in Leeds (UK)last month March 2000).

It can be found at:
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acad...dmarriages.htm

There is also advice from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office in pdf format at the foot of the above page.

Farouq Taj.

Just noticed there is already a thread on this topic.

Sorry...

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Farouq,

Long time no see....what's new?

Comment

Originally posted by farouq_taj:
        I've posted the text of the speech
        delivered by the Baroness at the Family Poceedings Cnference in Leeds (UK)last month March 2000).

It can be found at:
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acad...dmarriages.htm

There is also advice from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office in pdf format at the foot of the above page.

Farouq Taj.
        Hi:

Below are the facts according to Islamic Sharia. This information will educate Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Wama alaina illal balaagh!

I didn't read the article/news on the link your posted.

But like to share with all Muslims that FORCED MARRIAGE is not accepted by Islaam. It can be ANNULLED under Islamic Sharia or other laws. Muslims must not make a big deal out of it. Some times it happens in some ignorant families. However, objective is to resolve the problem not to start a non-sense. If Muslims know their own religion, the Noble Quran and Sunnah. It will never happen. If one's parents are ignorant does not mean that child to be ignorant as well. Child especially a girl must be able to advocate for their right under Islamic laws. Family itself can decide what is wrong, what is right and what will fix the problem?

Since on GupShup almost all Muslims have proved themselves to be ignorant. I'll educate you about what to look for according to Islamic Sharia and educate your ignorant parents if they are forcing you.

Please read carefully the folloing verses in Noble Quran and comprehend them.

Marriage, 25:54
        adultery, 17:32
        evidence required (four witnesses), 24:4
        false accusers punishment, 24:4, 24:19, 24:23
        forbidden, 17:32, 25:68
        if there aren't four witnesses, 24:6-9
        marriage after, 24:3
        punishment for, 24:2
        appoint arbiter from among you when fearing a breach, 4:35
        complaints, 58:1
        don't hold wives against their will, 4:19
        dowry, 4:4, 4:19-21, 4:24, 4:25, 5:5, 60:10, 60:11
        other mutually agreed arrangements, 4:24
        woman may return it, 4:4
        forbidden
        to certain kin, 4:22-24
        to non-believers, 2:221, 5:5, 60:10
        fornication forbidden, 4:24, 4:25, 4:27, 5:5
        if unable, 24:33
        if woman fears mistreatment from her husband, 4:128
        love and tenderness, 30:21
        polygamy, 4:3
        restrictions about, 4:3
        warning against, 4:129
        recline with spouses in Paradise, 36:56, 40:8, 43:70
        spouses are raiment for each other, 2:187
        to adopted son's ex-wife is permitted, 33:37
        to orphans, 4:3
        to single woman only, 4:24
        to slave
        and among slaves, 24:32
        woman if need arises, 4:3, 4:25
        better if men don't marry, 4:25
        even if she's married before being captured, 4:24
        punishment only half of free women's if immoral, 4:25
        to unmarried only, 24:32

AHADEETH

Women in Islaam:

Reported from Anas b. Malik, the Prophet said: "Girls are models of affection and sympathy and a blessing to the family. If a person has one daughter, God will screen him from the fire of hell owing to his daughter; if he has two daughters, God will admit him to paradise; if he has three, God will exempt him from the obligation of charity and Jehad."
        (Kanz al-Ummal:277).

Abu Hurairah says, "The Prophet of God said that if a person has three daughters whom he provides for and brings up, God will surely reward him with paradise."
        (Kanz al-Ummal).

According to Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, the Prophet is reported to have said; "If a daughter is born to a person and he brings her up, gives her a good education and trains her in the arts of life, I shall myself stand between him and hell-fire.
        (Kanz al-Ummal).

Ibn Abbas reported that a virgin grown-up girl came to the Prophet of Allah and narrated that her father had given her in marriage to a person whom she disliked. The Prophet gave her option.
        (Abu Dawud).

Khansa' b. Khidham reported that her father gave her in marriage, after she had became a widow. She disliked it and came to the Prophet. He annulled the marriage.
        (Bukhari).

According to a report from Abdullah b. 'Umar, the Prophet (peace be upon him) declared: "The whole world is a thing to be made use of and the best thing in the world is a virtuous wife."
        (Muslim).

Ayeshah praised the women of Ansar for their spirit of enquiry and learning, saying, 'How praiseworthy are the women of Ansar that their modesty does not prevent them from attempts at learning and the acquisition of knowledge.'
        (Sahih Muslim Kitab al Tahrat).

Umar, the Second Caliph, says, 'When a person marries a woman, and the woman stipulates that she would not be taken out of the town or city, of her residence, it is necessary for the husband to abide by the stipulation.'
        (Tirmidhi p. 385).

A report from Ibn Abbas states that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: 'A previously married woman is more a guardian for herself than her guardian and a virgin should be asked permission about herself, and her permission is her silence.'
        (Muslim).
        NOTE: I RECOMMEND THAT GIRL SHOULD EXPRESS THEIR CONSENT WITH CLEARITY.

Abu Hurairah reports that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: 'A grown-up girl shall be asked permission about herself. If she is silent, it is her permission; and if she declines, there shall be no compulsion on her.'
        (Muslim).

Ibn Abas reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) declared: 'Those women are adulteresses who marry themselves without the presence of witnesses.'
        (Tirmidhi).

Ibn Umar says: 'Uthman b. Mazu'um left behind a young daughter. My uncle, Qudamah, married her to me, and did not even consult her. When the girl came to know this, she disliked this marriage and she wished to marry Mughirah b. Shu'bah. So she was married to Mughirah.
        (Ibn Majah).

Ayeshah, says, 'A girl came and stated that her father had given her in marriage to his nephew and she disliked him. I told her to wait till the Prophet arrived. When the Prophet came, I told him the full story of the girl. He at once sent for the father of the girl and enquired whether the facts stated were true, after which he told the girl the she was at liberty to choose or repudiate her husband. The girl replied that she chose to retain her marriage, and she wanted only to know whether women had the rights in the matter.'
        (Nasai).

Ayeshah said, the Prophet (peace be upon him) of God declared: 'Marriage of a woman is invalid without there being a guardian.'
        (Tirmidhi Kitab al-Nikah).

P.S. Those who have trouble with or objection with long post will remain ignorant. Because these issue requires forensic and empirical results and facts.

------------------
        Bubble Buster
        "You mess with the BEST
        You LOSE like the REST!"

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>P.S. Those who have trouble with or objection with long post will remain ignorant. Because these issue requires forensic and empirical results and facts.<<<<<

u go bb! guyz who have a prob with long posts should skip reading. i for one benefit from ur posts. i dont see anyone refuting ur claims that means what u write is true and not bs.

Islam is the most misunderstood religion in the world and thats because ignorants like me and others here r representing it. the western media has diseased our brains. where its not cool to be a true practising muslim.
          its uncool to discuss islam in its true essence.

i for one appreciate ur honest thinking and beleifs of sharing with us what you know of islam.

Comment

Originally posted by mundyaa:
            >>>>>>>>>>P.S. Those who have trouble with or objection with long post will remain ignorant. Because these issue requires forensic and empirical results and facts.<<<<<

u go bb! guyz who have a prob with long posts should skip reading. i for one benefit from ur posts. i dont see anyone refuting ur claims that means what u write is true and not bs.

Islam is the most misunderstood religion in the world and thats because ignorants like me and others here r representing it. the western media has diseased our brains. where its not cool to be a true practising muslim.
            its uncool to discuss islam in its true essence.

i for one appreciate ur honest thinking and beleifs of sharing with us what you know of islam.

mundyaa: Salaam brother:

Thank you for you kind, candid, and forth right comments, may Allah be please with you always.

------------------
            Bubble Buster
            "You mess with the BEST
            You LOSE like the REST!"

Comment

Working...
            X