Pakistani western clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani western clothes

Okay then..by Pakistani Western Clothes I dont mean the sartorial styles of Messrs Sultan Rahi and Mustafa Qureshi. I mean the jeans and shirts and all sold in Pakistan.

They are too damn short. X-Large shirts have sleeves that fall a few inches short of the wrist. Trousers that are "shara-ee" whether you want to or not. I guess they have different idea of Large or X-Large in Pakistan.

And why do people insist on sending those for me from pakistan. Like instead of that stuff send me a kurta Shalwaar or somfin. Otherwise these gifts wind up brand new to some charity, which is a good deed in itself...but was done not with the "niyyat" to help someone but rather to avoid accumulating any illfitting articles of clothing competing for precious real estate in the closet.

so, anyone else faced the same?

[This message has been edited by Fraudz (edited April 04, 2000).]
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Fraud,

I can't tell you how many times I receive clothes from Pakistan! Every time somebody is coming over, they send me clothes... why? I mean for me, I won't even wear shalwar kameez as I don't go to Eid etc occasions.

For size n all, I myself never had a problem as I am not big and tall myself.

Comment

Well, Fraud Bhaee Jan, Yes. My mom always sends me Shlawar Kurtaa with everyone who comes to NY. Most times it fits, but I have so many that I donít know what to do with them. I have told her many times to stop doing that, but she is stubborn. She also sends Shalwar Kamiz for my Gori wife, which she rarely uses.

My dad brought size 15 dress shirts, made in Pakistan, for me, which were very body fitting. I used them to paint in and do the gardening. Yes, Pakistanis use different scale for sizes. American size XXS translates into size M for Pakistan. Havenít you noticed the Popcorn and Balti Size Coke (called Large) in movie theaters?

Comment

And my complaint is...why do they use such cheap material.....?? forget about clothes being sent from pak....even if u buy a "made in pakistan" shirt from Macys...u won't be able to wear it after first wash....why why why???
        for me...made in pakistan...is a no no...!!!!

Comment

Naikbib, if you are a kindred spirit, donít blame Pakistani material for that.

Comment

No no i have seen some great clothes that were made in Pakistan. and i really dont mind kurta shalwars. I dont wear them all the time but that way atleast they are used vs clothes that will never get used.

I mean I truly appreciate the sincerity and love from my khala and cousins etc, but how do i tell them not to bow their money on that stuff cuz i will not really wear it.

I am going to demand that instead of clothes they send me books.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Naik larki:

You probably got the defected material..take it back to Macy's. They'll gladly take it back.

The clothing I have bought here that were made in Pakistan are amazing. The quality is quiet good. Pakistan exports quality stuff, like with rice and all, and keeps the cheap kind for its citizens.

Comment

yeah the only cheap stuff pak exports now are the cheap chichoras from aurangi.

Comment

I have a mixed experience on that... I bought few shirts back in Pakistan last time I went there and their quality wasn't that good. However, the shirts I bought here that were made in Pakistan (same brand) had good quality.

Comment

Yar Pink Panther I have same problem, My friends are sending me Dhutees. What should I do, I wore it once and all the girls at work were whistling at me. Maannn I was so embarassed that I never wore that Dhutee again.

Comment

Oi..lamers. take yer whiny cry baby discussion bout quality somewhere else. This is bout illfitting clothes and the relatives who insist on sending them.

Roman quit buying clothes from Zainab Market and Jummah Bazaar.

Comment

No man I don't have that high reach for Jummah Bazar or Zainab market... I go straight to Landa bazar.

The only catch is that you have to boil the clothes you buy there to get rid of gora germs.

Comment

Roman:

If you had bought those shirts from Fraudiye's stall in Jumma Bazaar, you might have had some quality. But don;t buy anything from his mangal bazaar stall. He sells cheap rip offs from armani and polo and the shirts' color fades. For some reason, his stuff on jumma bazaar is good. I guess jumma does something to his conscious. (Must be the pir/maulvi affect)

Comment

Well, if you get stuff ready made then you will have all these problem . otherwise you can have best stitching in pakistan and best cloths.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhina:
                              Well, if you get stuff ready made then you will have all these problem . otherwise you can have best stitching in pakistan and best cloths.
                              Umm we were talking about readymade clothes that arrive as gifts kiddo.

Ghalib:

No i am not making knockoff designers anymore, I have real designer labels here are a few.

Giorgio Ansari
                              Calvin Khan
                              Kami Hilfiger
                              Rauf Lauren
                              Aslam de la Renta

etc

I have also started production of the first Luxury vehicle for Pakistani Villages.

Its Mercedes Bhains.

Comment

Working...
                              X