Be All That You Can Be....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be All That You Can Be....

I used to organize and present orientation seminars while I was in school...every year my approach to freshmen was different and my orientation style improved as I, myself was learning the ups and downs of life during each semester. I think the learning process never ends and I still have to discover where I'm going on the planet earth.

Anywho, I remember asking a freshmen desi bro...(who was still in a culture shock and was undecided about his major) his ideas on life and where he saw himself in 10 yrs. The response was hilarious, he goes 'Bhai abhi to aay hain! Saa lain dyo..' But what I've observed is that us desies don't go out of our way to reach for something 'we' wanna do....because we are content with a typical life style and money is the destination.

I just want to know from all the college/uni students whats your motivation in life...what do u want to do with your life...If you have not thought about it or don't want to think about it...lez talk why not?

ciao,
    BoSS

Nice topic Boss..

Well, let me tell you about me.. I have a goal an aim, and that is my destination.. I have set myself a few goals and I'm working on them. Its not just money, but mainly to have a degree, a diploma in my hands.. So, I'm worth something.. With that in my possession, I don't think I will stop. But I will keep trying to learn... learn about new things, new Technologies and stuff.. Not, just that, but to master them..

I think, that it is very important to set your goals before you start on something, especially for a study, 'cos I see a lot of fellow students changing their majors just because it doesn't seem to be what they expected, or because its too hard for them.. alot of them just quit the college/Uni because of this or start all over again with a new study.. which is very sad, becasue they only lose time and money this way..

http://www.pak.org/gupshup/gizzy.gif

Comment

BoSS:

Although you've asked for responses from the current breed of college/university crop, I find it appropriate to share my view being gone through the same phase some years ago.

I had to spend two years after college trying to figure out the major challenging enough to attract my attention for the rest of my life and at the same time guarantees the financial growth also. So my objectives were my personal interest in the field plus monetary benefit also.

Comment

BoSS, man you sound so nice sometimes. I don't like you. http://www.pak.org/gupshup/supercool.gif

Comment

My goal and aim in life is to achieve a bachelor's then graduate perhaps a doctorate after that. But everyday in life teaches a lesson and benefiting from that lesson is what life is all about http://www.pak.org/gupshup/blush.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/blush.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Gizzy:
            I think, that it is very important to set your goals before you start on something, especially for a study, 'cos I see a lot of fellow students changing their majors just because it doesn't seem to be what they expected, or because its too hard for them.. . which is very sad, becasue they only lose time and money this way..

Gizzy

Sometimes people have certain ideas about a major or industry when they are highschool seniors and once they get into college they realize that there is other stuff out there that they never thought about.

At that point it would be foolish to stick to a major just because that is what you initially wanted to do.

What we want to be in life are just ideas and our own justifications and motivations to pursue them.

You talk about people changing their majors and that being a waste of time and money.

I would argue that if someone graduated in a field that they were not passionate about and just did it because it seemed like the thing to do, then that is a true waste of time, energy an resources.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gizzy:
              Nice topic Boss..

I think, that it is very important to set your goals before you start on something, especially for a study, 'cos I see a lot of fellow students changing their majors just because it doesn't seem to be what they expected, or because its too hard for them.. alot of them just quit the college/Uni because of this or start all over again with a new study.. which is very sad, becasue they only lose time and money this way..

Gizzy i disagree
              the only goal one should set for themselves is to try hard and not to give up
              setting a certain object as a goal and then not reaching upto the set standards generally has a negative effect on the person .. disheartening them from the mere logic of trying harder

when i reachd high school i stopped listening to my folks telling me you are gonna be a doctor and started focussing on my Major in Busniess
              things changed and i found myself studying medicine for two years, hating every minute of goooey and yucky discetions, numerous formulas and idiotic references

i took control again joined uni am studying to be a system analyst, doing programming and running a small on the side suiting my life style business

i have seen many ppl who have set their minds on something so bad that when they fail in geting it their entire future comes crashing down and they refuse to get up and try their luck someplace else

LIfe should be lived with some rules but not with guidelines that if you fail will have a reverse effect on your self

Comment

The title of this discussion,
                "BE ALL YOU CAN BE" reminds me to let you all know "UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU"

Comment

Working...
                X