Any racist experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any racist experiences?

Hi, hehe! today something happened to me. I was coming back from work that a car full of football players from my university pulled up and just started "fahaashi". Called me some racist terms such as a "Camel Jockey" and a "sand nigger" and then used alot of "nazeba language" and just sat in the car and ran away.

Haha! 5 foot ball players and main akaila, is liye I didnt say anything. Warna khoobe thukayee hoti. Anyway it was something funny and thought I would share with you guys. So any of you had any incidences like this?

hey. Racist experiences? I got called the most unorginal word ever 'Paki' I mean if the idiot was gonna call me names at least he could have come up with something original..Paki? thats just like 'old school' so I goes to him 'although it may be very hard for you but at least try,..key word being try, to think of a name that at least sounds original' ha!

Comment

Sure...tons

------------------
      Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The BeerHolder

Comment

So that is why all the Desi's walking outside
        in the malls and offices, here in the west,
        have always the same expression...as if:

1. They have just been harrassed like Ali.

2. They think they are going to be.

I don't think it is wise, to dismiss such
        kinds of racist attacks. In this event, Ali
        you are lucky, you didn't get hurt. But what
        such an experience does to a person's psyche
        is very regrettable.

Someone come up to you and out of the blue,
        without any provocation, yells out a stream
        of obscenities and racial slurs. What do you
        say to that ?. "You @#@*#! sand ni**er!". Now
        is there any reply that you could have poss-
        ibly come up with, in this instance, that
        will make you whole again ?. That would make
        you feel, once again, welcome & comfortable
        among the majority ?.

Once a bell is rung, it cannot be un-rung.

Once you have been put in your second-class
        citizen place, you will remain there. It is
        no wonder that most of the Desi(Indian and
        Pakistani) youth, feel more in common with
        Blacks and Hispanics than the preppy, white
        Suburban majority.

US in particular is extremely racist. There
        are right now, more than 320+ seperate and
        independant hate groups, registered at the
        Southern Poverty Law Center, operated by
        Moris Dees. There are 20 hate crimes reg./
        month in the US. Thousands like this, will
        go unreported.

You can choose to brush it off, but you have
        seen the ugly side of these westerners, these
        so-called "civilised" people. And I tell you,
        you have seen nothing yet. Give the avg.
        american a drink, take him/her into your
        confidence and then hear his spew his
        guts out, as to how the 'colored' folks are
        eating up their america and what should
        happen to them.

The only way, to counter this, is through
        education and unity. Just like the jews did.
        They worked hard, studied, stayed together
        and helped each other, once they got here to
        the US. Now there isn't a more powerful lobby
        in the US Congress than AIPAC and the JDL.

United we (kick their lily white a**), and divided *we* get(kicked).

Thakur

PS: Ali, just a reminder. Walk with your
        head held high. Never, never walk like a
        typical desi, with his head into the ground
        in front of him. Walk like you mean biznis,
        and look dead-straight into their eyes. It
        will keep the awara doggies from taking a
        panga with you. And I hope you maintain a
        good physical presence. Healthy body, has a
        healthy mind. Next time, give them a finger.
        Thats what I did and the guys just froze...

Comment

Itne ziyda racist/discrimination keh experiences hain keh kya bataoN magar me ne ab jawab dena sik lya he!
          I hate those people jo istarah karte hain!!!!! http://www.pak.org/gupshup/mad.gif

Comment

>>>>Next time, give them a finger.<<<<

not a wise thing to do yaar. next thing u might get is a bullet. you should have jotted down their vehicle number or memorised it and should call 911. explaining what you just witnessed.... thats the best way to deal with this.

Comment

let me put it this way. how many of you think that u are not racist? can u say that u are not biased against groups of people due to their color, religion, nationality etc.?

Comment

Well Well...there isn't a shortage of ignorant people in the world..that's for sure.

Anyway, when someone tries to judge you and take and ignorant approach towards you due to your race, ethnicity, religion etc, then in my opinion they should be given a piece of one's mind. Stand up for yourself. Don't do anything dumb..which might land you in a hospital, but one should always keep poise in a way..that no one would dare mess with them!!!
                Go show the world what you are made of and that it is not easy to mess with a muslim!!
                http://www.pak.org/gupshup/mad.gif

Comment

About 10 years ago I used to work in KFC in the evenings after finishing my college, and was well known in the town of West Drayton (because of working in the restaurant). I think I should tell u about West Drayton, its a pure gora area (with few asians and almost non blacks), and most of the goray are single mothers etc etc, people on dole.

It was friday evening (about 2 a.m Saturday I should say) and I had my pay after the shift and I was happily walking home when three drunk boys almost same age as mine (I was 18 then) appeared from no where and asked to hand all my money to them and called me paki and blah blah blah, one of them had a big knife. I thought twice how to tackle the situation, and i saw an empty bottle of bear on the canal bridge where i was standing, next thing was noise of glass bottle breaking on one of the guys head, how could I give him my hard working money just like that. The guy with the knife simply vanished and I threw the other guy in the canal, Good Bye, and walked home. That is a separate issue that Police was involved later on but no one even thought of touching me after that. Always remember once u reply the attack, u will never be attacked by the same person or group again. So dont sit down until and unless u know that u will be killed.

ZZ: I agree with u, I think asian muslims are the most racist people on earth, who hate kalay because they are kalay (wiasay kaloon hee harkatain hee aisee hain keh they make the other people hate them), and also hate goray, (tell me how many goray friends an average asian have who came in Europe or USA from Pakistan and Indian) and in the end when they are hated, they always call, kalay and goray both are ba***rd racist.

[This message has been edited by Najim (edited March 03, 2000).]

Comment

Excellent post Ali. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

It'll be interesting to see what other's have faced in this realm.

Comment

I remember one incident. It is around 8 years ago when one day I was walking back home and there is this young white guy in a passeger seat looking at me. As I passed by him and looked back at him, he "SOB".

Too bad, it didn't know the meaning of SOB then because I was in here for only a week.

Comment

“>>>>> (wiasay kaloon hee harkatain hee aisee hain keh they make the other people hate them), <<<…”

The above is an example of racist attitude and bigotry. Stereotyping Blacks (and everyone else as well).

Racism and prejudice of any sort is the lowest of the lowest of behaviors, regardless of where it comes from.

I have had a couple of minor experiences, nothing to write home about. But I handled myself very well and showed restraint. I could have started to get even, but that would only make me equal to them. If I want to fight racism, I mustn’t become part of it.

Comment

I must agree with u NYAHMADI, but should I also see the exact theme of that para, I think u and me if not 100% then at least some percent are included in that catagory.

Comment

Dear Najim, I should ve been clear. I agree, you used this example in the context of how many people (of our racial background) are prejudiced against other races. I didn’t mean to imply that YOU feel it that way.

You are absolutely right. I also know a lot of Pakistanis who show feelings of incomfortability with Blacks and Hispanics in the USA. It is sad that they do it.

Comment

Having been born and brought up in a comfy little town in East Anglia with a handful of Asians (from East Africa and still fewer Pakistanis), lots of Pensioners and middle class “whites”, my childhood (80s) was as good as anyone’s (roller-skating, flying kites and playing on building sites). It was only occasionally punctuated by fear of Punks (more to do with their radical haircuts and my mum’s warnings than anything they said or did) and the excitement of the news that the Skinheads (National Front) were planning to attack our local mosque. Talk about being united in a crises, our community was exemplary in conducting round-the-clock vigils, families came to stay in the mosque whilst the men became macho and roamed around with hockey sticks and “walkie-talkies”. Oh man! The defence, the communication, the strategy and even the police (with their Alsatians)…it was something to be seen. I even stocked up on sweets, crisps and cola. Yes, towards the end there was a feeling of anti-climax but the excitement was electric! I seem to recall that in the end they caught a measly kid or something, but that’s not the point. The point is, although we were a minority, we stood together, with solidarity and became a force to reckon with! We lived happily ever after.

A few years since, we moved to England’s 2nd City and I love the atmosphere because its soo multi-cultural and so diverse…

It seems racism and Islamophobia is everywhere. Now, I’m not saying this should be overlooked. But personally, as a Muslim woman (yes, I wear hijab), I truly feel I am respected here for taking a practical stand in what I believe in (probably coz I don’t have to deal with “rouge” elements), whilst my experience in Pakistan and indeed a few other “Muslim” countries is one of being “looked down upon”. Racism perhaps? Or just my “radical” dress sense? Or just their infatuation with the “Pepsi, Pop & Levi” culture (globalisation in its narrowest sense). Now if wore hipsters with crop top and had a belly ring…would the picture have been different? Maybe not…I mean I still have Asian skin (although judging by the compliments, I don’t think there’s anything the matter with it at all). So, since charity begins at home, I guess we should get the racist element out of our own people first and then go for the international stage.

But as always, I’m still paranoid, (despite the better forecast)…if there’s a war…the sleeping National giant will rise its ugly head…and, well, we’re sitting ducks as targets. Aren’t we?
                              Having been born and brought up in a comfy little town in East Anglia with a handful of Asians (from East Africa and still fewer Pakistanis), lots of Pensioners and middle class “whites”, my childhood (80s) was as good as anyone’s (roller-skating, flying kites and playing on building sites). It was only occasionally punctuated by fear of Punks (more to do with their radical haircuts and my mum’s warnings than anything they said or did) and the excitement of the news that the Skinheads (National Front) were planning to attack our local mosque. Talk about being united in a crises, our community was exemplary in conducting round-the-clock vigils, families came to stay in the mosque whilst the men became macho and roamed around with hockey sticks and “walkie-talkies”. Oh man! The defence, the communication, the strategy and even the police (with their Alsatians)…it was something to be seen. I even stocked up on sweets, crisps and cola. Yes, towards the end there was a feeling of anti-climax but the excitement was electric! I seem to recall that in the end they caught a measly kid or something, but that’s not the point. The point is, although we were a minority, we stood together, with solidarity and became a force to reckon with! We lived happily ever after.

A few years since, we moved to England’s 2nd City and I love the atmosphere because its soo multi-cultural and so diverse…

It seems racism and Islamophobia is everywhere. Now, I’m not saying this should be overlooked. But personally, as a Muslim woman (yes, I wear hijab), I truly feel I am respected here for taking a practical stand in what I believe in (probably coz I don’t have to deal with “rouge” elements), whilst my experience in Pakistan and indeed a few other “Muslim” countries is one of being “looked down upon”. Racism perhaps? Or just my “radical” dress sense? Or just their infatuation with the “Pepsi, Pop & Levi” culture (globalisation in its narrowest sense). Now if wore hipsters with crop top and had a belly ring…would the picture have been different? Maybe not…I mean I still have Asian skin (although judging by the compliments, I don’t think there’s anything the matter with it at all). So, since charity begins at home, I guess we should get the racist element out of our own people first and then go for the international stage.

But as always, I’m still paranoid, (despite the better forecast)…if there’s a war…the sleeping National giant will rise its ugly head…and, well, we’re sitting ducks as targets. Aren’t we?

Comment

Working...
                              X