Please someone answer my question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please someone answer my question!!!

Why won't anyone tell me what MQM is? Don't you guys know?

You really really didn't know what MQM was??
    Well Adnan answered your question.

Comment

You really really didn't know what MQM was??
      Well Adnan answered your question.

Comment

Well, if you both have'nt noticed, miss Vision is an American. She aint got no Idea what Muhajareen stands for.
        Miss Vision,
        Muhajareen stands for immigrants. I'm not really aware what their motive really is due to my young age and secondly I never really bothered. This movement was started by the people who migrated from India to Pakistan during independence, in 1947. I hope you get a better answer than this one but atleast you got a faint picture.

Comment

First of all I am not a Mohajir, or immigrant etc and I have nothing to do with MQM. However I feel its important to set the record stright about the MQM as some people seem to be presenting their biased views as fact while " defining " MQM.
          MQM is a political party that was started by the immigrants or mohajirs who migrated from India after partition. As far I know its goal is to look after the interest of the immigrants. The threat to Pakistan's security theory is a bunch of bull. It's the standrad label in Pakistan that the elite and " born to rule " , self-proclamied patriots stick on any group that stands up and demands their right. Seems like the only Pakistanis happened to be Punjabis as the rest of the three provinces and the immigrants have already been decalred Anti-Pakistan at one time or another.

Sincerely
          J.M.Khan

Comment

OK. THanks, guys. I still don't understand the dynamics of this MQM. THe reason I ask is that as I watch the unfoldiing news in Dawn magazine and read about the violence in Karachi, nearly everyone who is murdered is an "MQM worker".

From the answer one of you gave, it sounds like this is a label the government slaps on undesirables to make the violence more palatable because it is happening to "them".

Is that accurate? What is MQM's political platform? Do they have power inthe government as an opposition group?

BTW: you are right Enterprise, I am American. Are there any other non-Pakistani Amercians in this forum?

Comment

Working...
            X