Far away from my watan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far away from my watan

It being 23rd march. looking at the video of the Pakistan day parade and listening to 'Aeh Mera Pak Watan' by Mehdi Hasan I am really depressed right now. I have this feeling in me that I lived in Pakistan for 18 years, that land fed me. I feel that I betrayed it by coming to the US. I should have joined the Pakistan Army and served my mother land by protecting it. And here I am thousands of miles away studying in the land I have no ties to and most probably I am going to end up staying here working here and raising a family and my kids will think that this is the mother land, which it is, if they are born and raised here. But they would never learn there values even if I tell them about Pakistan as much. There will be a part of them which will be American. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I can imgine infact most us can imagine your feeling because we have the same feelings . For me there are no values of any thing . I consider this world as a dream or nightware in fact . One day your gonna wake up and you won't be you any more . I just do what I want to do because there is no value for any thing . I like going out alone , not because I do n't have any friends but because I like this feeling that I am not bound for any company or relationship .
    your post has made me sad as well but put it this way and there won't be any more trouble .

Comment

Dear Alibeta,

Before going after the wild Boars that might destroy your sugarcan crops that you will plant in your land which you will buy with the money you will earn by working. Letís first have a job that will allow you to make money.

One thing at a time. Donít be so harsh on yourself. Donít worry too much about the values of your kids. First worry about finishing your education, then getting married, and then having kids, and then their values.

Best of luck not worrying.

Comment

Dear Ali,
        Which values are you talking about? Please explain.
        THINK! Do they all still exist in pakistani families in pakistan? It was there 18-19 years ago when we were kids. People were nicer then today and had all those value but now in pakistan that GOOD VALUE stuff is going away. Trust me Ali but life is getting complicate all around the world. It is not that simple life anymore. Lot of competation and everyone is running after money.
        we just have to be ourself before we remain by ourself. Does not matter where we live we just have to be ourself. Kids! hmmm it is best to teach them right. If the follow the right path they will never lose it.
        good luck Ali. DO NOT GET DEPRESS.
        TLC
        Farhina

Comment

Working...
        X