ABCD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABCD's

Have i mentioned how much i hate that term? I know i have. Ugghh. It bothers me so much! Sorry i need to vent about that. Its one of my little things. I am American born. I like my desi background i think its cool. i just can't stand it. just exactly what do you people mean when u use it? i mean i know american born confused desi. but anyone care to elaborate?

------------------
    "Dil hai ki manta nahin"- always 714

~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
    ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

It's a term which depicts the mentality of those hypocritical desis who judge everyone based upon their one experience with a American born desi. It's an evidence of ignorance. People who refer to others as ABCDs just tell me what kind of a person am I dealing with. And maybe we are better off WITHOUT such sorta people.

Comment

I'm right with you, abcd shmay-be-see-dee. The term (and many others) show complete ignorance on the part of the people who steroetype others. Labelling and judging ppl based on your own (or the common) perceptions, seeing them as all the same, negative or positive.

Take people for who they are not what so-called man-made "group" they might belong to.

Comment

but isnt' that the same as some ppl using hte terms "FOB!?"
        you know: Fresh Off the Boat

------------------
        i'm broke even though i sold secret fantasies

Comment

ABCD are verry verry bad. they are not knowing how to repect shareef admi from the pakistan. They are not deserve to call the pakistani even.These abcd ladkian dont listens to what shareef pakistani admi tell them but they brake his hart. and after they brake his haddi.please check my webpage to know more.

------------------
          Pakistan Hero
          your Hero
          http://pak_for_life.tripod.com/

Comment

that's right kohal, it IS the same thing. abcd, fob, or any yippe stereotypical xyz term. If used to assort people you come across in a certain category, as if they're ALL, or even the majority, are gonna have the same mentality/behaviour; it's just so...wrong.

hero, methinks the thread is about "use" of the term, rather than talking about certain people you've labelled behind the term.

see, this is exactly what i'm talking about, PH(pakistan hero's) PH level is rising, why, because he's assuming all paks bred in the west are the same. He may be very well be justified for taking such a view, he might have been wronged or somethin'. But that's no justification to label and organize ANY and ALL such person(s) under the same library index. Humans aren't clones, at least not yet.

Comment

Hey you can't blame someone for calling you ABCD and then
              turn around and call others FOBs. ABCDs were the one who first started making
              fun of the new comers, new desis coming here and in return those people
              came up with a name for you guys.

Personally i dont take any of these TERMs seriously, i think they are just there
              for people who like to classify others. And if they wanna use it, so be it.

Comment

I think we should make a move towards better understanding and solidarity by not calling the new arrivals FOBS.

Instead they should be referred to as DCBA from now on, which stands for Desis Confused By America.

This will move is one step closer to the term HCBL i.e. humans confused by life.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

i like that hcbl. i think i have a tendency to be one.

------------------
                  "Dil hai ki manta nahin"- always 714

~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
                  ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

Comment

Working...
                  X