Why? Why? Akhir Kiyoun??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? Why? Akhir Kiyoun??

After Isha prayers someone walked up to me , hugged me dearly ,and said." brother , Eid Mubarak!" after I got over the initial shock I said, " what! isn't eid tommorow?" he replied "no, I prayed eid namaz this morning with few thousand others" I just couldn't believe it , how naive and stupid could I be ..don't even know when is eid..."ah! you must have gotten eid-day info from the Broadway mosque(run by Pakistani admin)" he judged the situation by the disbelief and confused look on my face, I replied "yeah!" and he added " Well! bro today almost all the Arab muslims are celebrating eid while Pakistanis and the rest of South Asian muslims will have 'their Eid' tommorow."
    His last statement gave way to anger and sadness from cluelessness and I started wondering why is it like that? . In the city with less than ten thousand muslim inhabitants why do we have two Eids? Shuoldn't Eid promote the gestures of unification and solidarity? or maybe we're just caught in a rift which is making us too week to stand on a single platform . I just don't know.. I think on this Eid day or Eid's eve I've got more questions than answers...maybe it isn't a big deal but to me it is..
    My sincere apology to whom I've offended with these remarks but that's how I feel. On this day I pray that " May Allah give us all depth and prudency so that we can sort our differnces through dialogue and make us more tolerant towards our own."

Aap sab ko bohot bohot Eid Mubarak

>>In the city with less than ten thousand muslim inhabitants why do we have two Eids? <<
    Na if a city with less then One thousand can have two Eid’s, tau ten thousands should have more then two hai na.
    Waise Aik eid pe sirf aik hi eid kerna ghareeb countries ki tradition hai The funniest thing is if there are two eids in same family!

>>Shuoldn't Eid promote the gestures of unification and solidarity? <<
    Yeah, but like with everything else we have our own rules too – and they include phada on every eid. Yahan Chand nazar aagaya Eid ker lo, wahaN abhi paidah nahiN hua ruk jao – waise I’m with those who say eid on Weekend

>>or maybe we're just caught in a rift which is making us too week to stand on a single platform <<
    Ignorant can also describe us. There are so many stupid explanations from so many ppl that normal ppl get confused and just follow the ‘railah’. Why don’t these ppl just see what Quran or the prophet pbuh said and forget about their egos and let us celebrate.

>>maybe it isn't a big deal but to me it is<<
    It is a big deal, especially if you decide to celebrate a day before or after your family. Its also important cuz two eid kills the true meaning of eid.

>>May Allah give us all depth and prudency so that we can sort our differnces through dialogue and make us more tolerant towards our own<<

Amen. And Eid mubarak to you too

Waise Why isn’t there any education for Molvies and mullahs?
    I seriously believe that if there was a good long religious education behind these, supposed to be respect ppl there wouldn’t have been near so many misunderstandings. Also there wouldn’t have been so many molvies.

Comment

Working...
    X