Thanks for the prayers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the prayers.

salamz and thank you for your duas for my sister. I have been not around as much over last few weeks due to family commitments and then catching up with work.

My sister went through her first round of chemo and had serious reaction over the weekend and had been in ER and then Intensive Care. She had been having severe irreagular beats and fainting episodes which was either a direct result of the chemotherapy medicine or the cathedar (sp?) that had been inserted up from her arm to her heart to deliver the medicine.

Turns out that the doctors messed up. The tube (pick line or cathedar as they call it) that they had inserted was supposed to be close to the heart so when the medicine is administered it gets pumped throughout the body and thus the toxicity of the chemotherapy does not affect any single specific region adversely due to concetration of the chemicals.

That pick-line was inserted too far up to a point that it was actually "inside" her heart which everyone declined to believe. The doctors were calling on a Cardiologist do do a heart biopsy to figure out what was causing this, other concern was that maybe the toxicity of the the chemicals had that affect on her heart. Thank God that my sister is a doctor and convinced them to entertain the possibility that the pick-line was inserted too far up. The X-Ray that was done showed just that and they pulled the pick-tube 3 inches back.

My trust in doctors, HMOs and hospitals is declining day by day. If my sister was not a physician, right now they would have performed a heart biopsy on her. Atleast I am learning all medical terminology now.

She is doing much better now and has been back home for a few days. The battle against cancer is a long and tough one.

I appreciate all the kind words and duas and the emails.

Kami
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

hope she will be in good health soon... aameen

Comment

My prayers are with you & your family.

Comment

Glad to hear she's doin better Kami.
        We will keep praying for her.

Comment

Salaam Mr F.
          Humari doa apke saat he!
          Inshallah sister thik ho jay ghi!
          Larki Pakistni

Comment

Inshallah, I hope and pray she has a speedy and complete recovery.
            Ameen..........

Comment

Fraudia Yar, She will do fine. Chemo can be very draining. It is very invasive and only the one receiving knows how it feels. I have been affected by this sickness as many in my family went though this, but I know that no illness is convalescent than the family bond and together, you and your family will beat this monster.

Best wishes, and love.

Comment

salaam,

really sorry to know about all this . everyones prayers are with her and ur family and inshallah she,ll be perfect

azmaisheenh insanonh par khuda ki taraf se un ka hosla azmane ke liye aati henh . and brave ppl always get what they want
                lots of prayers for ur sis .

komal

Comment

READ GOD NAME;
                  YA SALAAM As many times as you can and pray for her. Inshalla she will get well soon.
                  May she get well soon.(AMEN).
                  TLC,
                  Farhina.

Comment

She will be feeling better soon Insha'Allah. All prayers are with you and your family. May Allah give her a long, happy and healthy life Amen.

Comment

Insha-Allah fraudia sahib your sis will be 100%!
                      By the grace of Allah

luv Hana

------------------
                      Mera Dil Hai 100% Pure Pakistani!xxxxxxx

Comment

Have faith Inshallah she will be OK.

Comment

ALLAH TALLAH apki bahun ko sahtay kamila atta karain ameen.

Comment

Hellow http://www.pak.org/gupshup/french.gif

Thanx to Allah who always listen http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif
                            aur -- Tum ...
                            Gari aur bivi aisi honi chahyay kay banda saath khara ho to apni lagay

Comment

Working...
                            X