Do You Have Fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do You Have Fish?

I used to really enjoy having an aquarium. It was one of those things that I could sit and stare at for long periods of time.....observing what the fish would do....how they would swim through the fake shipwreck that I had successfully fooled them with.

How they avoided the diver that kept lifting its arm up and down as if it were trying to wave to someone. How they would slam on their brakes and hit reverse gear just as the top of the treasure chest was about to close lazily. Stupid fish....as if they were gonna get caught in there or something...duh!

Anyone else have fish for pets?

Munza...well i enjoy fish ..fried ones..yes put some lemon on it and gup gup all finish...kaise lagee...

dil..dilsee..dil to akhir dil hai na

[This message has been edited by dilse (edited March 08, 2000).]

Comment

Salt, Pepper, Finny, Twinkle, Speedy are the 5 tropical fish in our 10 gallon aquarium. Speedy being the oldest one (almost 3 years).

It was my stupid idea to get one as my kids insisted that we got one. However, they are responsible for feeding every morning, but I am stuck with cleaning the tank and changing the water routine.

We have gone through 3 tanks, 2 water pumps, a few water-heaters, and about 10 different colors of gravel. There is a “no-fishing” sign inside the tank, to remind me to stay cool.

Comment

Right then Geeza...

Salt and Malt Royal Milet of Fried Cod wiv Chips and a can of Lilt Guv..
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Adaab Muzna!

Mere paas hain, do machlian, aik to
          frige me hai aur dosri das panra minutes
          me fripan me hogi, yam yam yam

Imran

Comment

Heyyyyy don't get me wrong...I love to see some fillets in my plate....or even some deep fried salmon steaks....or some grilled rainbow trout with a sprinkle of lemon.....

But watching those little things skit about in the tank is a pleasure on it's own.

Aur haan...NYA...at least you've kept count...I don't know how many filters, attachments, hatcheries and gawd knows what else I've gone through!

I remember that algae-eater(sp?) that wouldn't die....the entire population of the tank had deserted me....used to find them floating, belly up....but that god-awful, ugly looking creature lived on. And then of course, got flushed away. I was evil then.

Comment

Muzna Aaap ya bengalan hain to be so fascinated by fish?
              Mein nay bhi bizinz khola tha..fish tank mein fish rakh kar airgun say shot marnay ka...plan fail ho gaya pehlay shot kay baad.

Comment

4 kharGosh
                6 fish (bohut hi chote chote golden)
                1 billi
                1 bhairr
                1 bakri
                1 tota
                1 mena
                5 chozay

Comment

Ahhhh kabhi mairay paas bhi thee yay neeli peeli fish lakin aquarium ki saffaaee k dukh say ussay bhoon k khaa lia http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

Comment

what no dog lovers? I a German shepherd and a couple of Siberian huskies in Pakistan. Yahan nahi. Yahan to Astaghfarullah Dog food, admee kay food say kehngaa hay.

Muzna jee, you forgot squid, remember I asked you how can you even of eating it. The other day I tried it in this thai place, it was pretty good! Aap ko yaad karr raha thaa us din. Cheenkay to nahi aa rahi theen?

Comment

Actually MuznaG has got the right idea - studies are showing that with the addition of aquariums to some nursing homes, the incidence of depression among its residents have dramatically decreased. I am a big advocate in the use of pets to combat depression not only among the elderly, but also among the young. I sometimes take my clients on clinic runs and one of the clinics has an aquarium, and i can most assuredly say that those kids i take are quite mesmerized by the fish - it has a dreamy hypnotic effect. I used to have fish at home...but upkeep was too hectic for my busy schedule http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif maybe i'll try again...

Comment

Ali...I distinctly remember. There are many friends in my social circle that turn their noses up at the suggestion of shrimps, prawns, crab, lobster, squid, scampi, etc. for food. Personally, I looovvvvvvvvve seafood when prepared well. If you enjoyed the squid Ali, then you were fortunate enough to have had it cooked appropriately.

AuntiG - You had me scared there for a minute....I thought perhaps you might be suggesting that I am both elderly and depressed. Thanks for bringing ther kids into the picture. I feel better now....ummm...I think.

Comment

MuznaG, please accept my heartfelt apologies as it was not even a remote possibility that I would even be thinking such a thing. I meant to say that you are very right in feeling that fish have a calming effect on people in general - the nursing home example was only one that i could think of in that studies have been done to get this point across and the kids were my own experience with it. I just felt that you had brought up a good point and i wanted to validate it.

Comment

A little off the topic, but if one should ever get a chance at seeing the offices of Bloomberg in NYC. The firm offices have no walls, everyone in the entire firm sits wherever they can find a seat, they have a few conference rooms with lots of electronic gadgets, and few desks from where broadcasts can be made. The best part of Bloomberg firm is that they have huge fish tanks throughout the offices. Huge tanks. I mean really huge, almost like visiting an aquarium. With the most beautiful and colorful fish you would ever see anywhere. I never miss a chance to go there, and they also have the best cookies for employees. I have a friend who works there, and I always come back with pockets full of choc-chip cookies.

Comment

Working...
                            X