• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombshell news regarding Adnan Syed from serial podcast

Still remember this guy?
    The prosecution is now admitting that his conviction needs to be vacated
    https://www.npr.org/2022/09/14/11230...der-conviction

Hope he is finally released soon!

I'm glad I didn't listened to that Podcast but my coworkers so desperately wanted me to comment on it. I try to avoid American shows, movies and documentaries about Muslims. I read an article though which was written by Rabia Chaudry, a childhood friend of Adnan Syed and a lawyer, in which she says:

It would be a mistake to think everything was just fine for Muslims in the United States before 9/11. It absolutely was not.

Comment

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...h7q-story.html

Free after 23 years!

Comment

I just saw yesterday on insta he got freed. Thats a wonderful news!

When I started listening about Adnan Syed on NPR it was so sad and depressing that I couldnt pull myself to listen to the entire podcast. But clearly he was just at the wrong place wrong time. Very difficult to prove though.
        However he got lucky to have people listen to his side of the story and then make a solid case on so many fronts.

American justice system is nothing but hell for those who dont have resources. Now he must pay back to help those who are still suffering in there.
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

A mult-million dollar civil lawsuit is on its way. Serves them well!

Adnan will never be the same after spending half oh his life behind bars
          We are all in the same game, just different levels•
          Dealing with the same hell, just different devils•

Comment

Verdict is not that he is innocent, its merely that there was a shadow of doubt. The test in criminal cases is guilty without a shadow of doubt. There are murderers who did not get convicted criminally but were held liable in civil court where the test is more likely than not. In his case I think, more likely than not, he would get convicted. Anyone else doing it is long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
            Verdict is not that he is innocent, its merely that there was a shadow of doubt. The test in criminal cases is guilty without a shadow of doubt. There are murderers who did not get convicted criminally but were held liable in civil court where the test is more likely than not. In his case I think, more likely than not, he would get convicted. Anyone else doing it is long shot.
            It is very likely that the state will drop the charges and not go for a new trial for Adnan Syed. The case they built in 1999 has fallen apart.
            Their star witness has been exposed as unreliable changing his story multiple times.
            Location tracking by cell phone tower pings (not GPS) has shown to be unreliable. This was a major part of the case.
            One of the lead detectives has been found to have falsified evidence and coach witnesses in other cases and several other exonerations have resulted from that.
            Evidence against alternative suspects has emerged.

They have not named the alternative suspects yet. So, I will refrain from citing the speculation that I have read. But , Bobby1, I am sure you will a have a chuckle when you find out.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

It is very likely that the state will drop the charges and not go for a new trial for Adnan Syed. The case they built in 1999 has fallen apart.
              Their star witness has been exposed as unreliable changing his story multiple times.
              Location tracking by cell phone tower pings (not GPS) has shown to be unreliable. This was a major part of the case.
              One of the lead detectives has been found to have falsified evidence and coach witnesses in other cases and several other exonerations have resulted from that.
              Evidence against alternative suspects has emerged.

They have not named the alternative suspects yet. So, I will refrain from citing the speculation that I have read. But , Bobby1, I am sure you will a have a chuckle when you find out.
              Thanks krash I have been involved with the law and the test for criminal cases is hundred percent certainty, defence job is to create a scintilla of doubt. Like in OJ Simpson case, he was set free in criminal court and found guilty in Civil court.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Thanks krash I have been involved with the law and the test for criminal cases is hundred percent certainty, defence job is to create a scintilla of doubt. Like in OJ Simpson case, he was set free in criminal court and found guilty in Civil court.
                Hundred percent certainty is impossible. The criterion is certainty beyond "reasonable doubt". Defence job is to create reasonable doubt not just a scintilla of doubt which will almost always exist. In this case there is a lot of reasonable doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

Hundred percent certainty is impossible. The criterion is certainty beyond "reasonable doubt". Defence job is to create reasonable doubt not just a scintilla of doubt which will almost always exist. In this case there is a lot of reasonable doubt.
                  Even one percent probability that someone else did it is enough to not convict. Again citing OJ Simpson

Comment

https://archive.ph/NXg4y

This article all but names Bilal Ahmed as the alternate suspect for Hae Min Lee's murder.
                    Bilal was the youth mentor at Adnan's mosque and had a close mentor relationship with Adnan. He was very active in rallying the community to help Adnan and was willing to testify that he saw Adnan at the mosque on the night of the murder. But, a few weeks before the trial, he was caught in a compromising situation with a 14-yr old boy. In a possible deal with the police, no charges were filed against him but he disappeared and didn't testify at Adnan's trial.
                    In the years following he became a dentist and was found to have molested his patients while they were under anaesthesia. He is currently in jail for those sex crimes. He was also convicted of Medicare/Medicaid fraud against the govt.

The current speculation is that he may have had inappropriate feelings for Adnan and may have been jealous of Hae.

Comment

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/adnan...more/41585971#

All charges have now been dropped. The case is over.
                      DNA results excluded Adnan Syed

Comment

Shahrukh Jatoi iz sadda Adnan Syed na. Bhagwan ki dya se dono ko insaf mil gya
                        My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                        "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
                          I'm glad I didn't listened to that Podcast but my coworkers so desperately wanted me to comment on it. I try to avoid American shows, movies and documentaries about Muslims. I read an article though which was written by Rabia Chaudry, a childhood friend of Adnan Syed and a lawyer, in which she says:
                          While I absolutely sympathize with Adnan, spending your peak years behind bars brings unimaginable grief. At least he wasn't a victim of the Pakistani justice system.
                          "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post
                            Shahrukh Jatoi iz sadda Adnan Syed na. Bhagwan ki dya se dono ko insaf mil gya
                            Sharukh ko insaaf tabhi milay ga, jab uski jamman wali ko koi chuk ke layjaa-so.
                            "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Working...
                            X