Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Needy

Theres a saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed"
    I was wondering over through all those years as gupshup has evolved there was never a forum or any kind of help provided to anyone or maybe i missed it out as idid not even log on during the covid days.
    But actually there must be , and if you let me know that would be great help .

Thanx in advance

and hello to all the guppies whom i knew and who knew me
    meri ankhoon ki siyahi ; piya deti gawahi :)

Salamz and welcome back!

As far as GS goes there have been long bondings and friendships between Guppies on individual and group level but overall there is nothing that could be shaped as a helping forum to those who want some therapeutic help (I'm guessing thats what you mean by any kind of help provided)

As much as we welcome people to open up and tell us their side of the story and then get the feedback, we couldnt materialize into something that people can look forward to when they need help.

But how about we give it a shot now? Any ideas how to proceed and make an effort to create a trustworthy listening environment?
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

well i know a case where help was needed and help was given.
      Last edited by Pakistani Prince; Jun 24, 2022, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Yes great sayings about the frindship ..
        https://www.elixir.org.pk/

Comment

What a beautiful piece of wisdom; “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. Sometimes however our “need” is to share an idea or concept, or get advice on buying or doing something. In that sense I think GS and other online forums do quite well. I don’t expect to meet anyone on this forum ever in life, yet I’ve seen great discussions here which really helped me. Expecting anything more from anyone on such an online forum is setting oneself up for disappointment.

A more deceptive thing that applications like WhatsApp and Facebook allow is staying in touch with people whom we've met in real life and they act like best buddies for years on those apps but are in fact interacting only to keep tabs on you.

Comment

Thanx for the welcome.
            Yes Help could be of any sort from listening to providing food, clothes, accessroies, zakat even funds in some cases.
            Listening to heavy hearted people is an excellent form of help. I have been doing that for years on my own.
            But other kinds of help like providing anything to anyone who is actually needy is also very beneficial.
            There should be questionaire at the start of the forum that what kind of help anyone needs.
            Then the categories can be sorted out.

There are millions of companies out there who help the needy but what I see that most people who are the real deserving are always out of the range of such agencies or people.

I hope I make sense.
            meri ankhoon ki siyahi ; piya deti gawahi :)

Comment

Working...
            X