Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fellow operators of the motor vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

I don't camp or hike. I drive, that's what gets my adrenaline pumping. Going through the gears of a well built 6 speed is pure bliss. The kind a lake or some trees simply cannot be an alternative to.
    Understandable, Physical activity is not everyone's cup of tea. Hence the 600 percent more probability of becoming a diabetic. With speed limits at 110Km/h how many gears are we changing here...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Understandable, Physical activity is not everyone's cup of tea. Hence the 600 percent more probability of becoming a diabetic.
      Except I limit my physical activities to the gym and play a ton of sports. I'm not a lake and tree kinda guy. If I want fresh air, I go to the beach after Fajr. You see Bobby, judging someone just because they don't follow your ideals is just plain ignorant.

I have what is called a grade A competition license which is required for participation in sanctioned FIA motorsports events. it requires me to be at my peak physical fitness levels at all times.

You should look up workout routines for racing drivers. We have to train our bodies to cope with up to 3.5g's of sustained lateral loads, be it during braking, accelerating or taking a corner, and more than 1.5g's of radial loads when clipping an apex. These kind of forces would turn your spinal disc's into minced meat. 3.5g's will also do a serious number on your neck and back when sustained over a 2 to 4 hour stint while maintaining 100% spatial awareness and quick response times.

With speed limits at 110Km/h how many gears are we changing here...lol.
      Most twisties don't have speed limits, but we still respect other motorists on the road and only go out when its early in the morning and there aren't any other drivers on the road. We usually have spotters covering both ends of a road to make sure that if a vehicle is spotted coming our way, that we do not engage in any fast paced driving.

When in Kuwait, we just go to our local circuit for track days, which is grade 1 certified by the FIA, which means that it is capable of holding a Formula 1 race. The start/finish straight on the circuit is more than a mile long, and depending on the type of car, you can reach speeds in excess of 320 km/h quite easily.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Yesss, last couple of days it has come down around 10 cents so you can get it for $4.8+ p.g.
        If this keeps up, the SUV craze is going to die out pretty fast. The market for SUV's has been hot during the last few years, with almost every manufacturer coming up with one. The Cayenne single-handedly saved Porsche from going under back in the '00's.
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Except I limit my physical activities to the gym and play a ton of sports. I'm not a lake and tree kinda guy. If I want fresh air, I go to the beach after Fajr. You see Bobby, judging someone just because they don't follow your ideals is just plain ignorant.

I have what is called a grade A competition license which is required for participation in sanctioned FIA motorsports events. it requires me to be at my peak physical fitness levels at all times.

You should look up workout routines for racing drivers. We have to train our bodies to cope with up to 3.5g's of sustained lateral loads, be it during braking, accelerating or taking a corner, and more than 1.5g's of radial loads when clipping an apex. These kind of forces would turn your spinal disc's into minced meat. 3.5g's will also do a serious number on your neck and back when sustained over a 2 to 4 hour stint while maintaining 100% spatial awareness and quick response times.

Most twisties don't have speed limits, but we still respect other motorists on the road and only go out when its early in the morning and there aren't any other drivers on the road. We usually have spotters covering both ends of a road to make sure that if a vehicle is spotted coming our way, that we do not engage in any fast paced driving.

When in Kuwait, we just go to our local circuit for track days, which is grade 1 certified by the FIA, which means that it is capable of holding a Formula 1 race. The start/finish straight on the circuit is more than a mile long, and depending on the type of car, you can reach speeds in excess of 320 km/h quite easily.
          It is nice to have hobbies and passions, I encourage my boys to do that. People come and go and your hobbies will mitigate the emotional damage. Whenever I get hurt, I go hiking. Although race car drivers need to be fairly fit, however, they are not athletes. Real athletes are gods, beyond a normal humans imagination. Every single one of my athletes in my club can run marathons, boys do average 40 chinups. I think Kayakers are the fittest athletes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREDTzoanyY

Comment

It is nice to have hobbies and passions, I encourage my boys to do that. People come and go and your hobbies will mitigate the emotional damage. Whenever I get hurt, I go hiking. Although race car drivers need to be fairly fit, however, they are not athletes. Real athletes are gods, beyond a normal humans imagination. Every single one of my athletes in my club can run marathons, boys do average 40 chinups. I think Kayakers are the fittest athletes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREDTzoanyY
            LMAO! Typical bullsh!t non-motorsports types throw around. As I said, look up top class racing driver workout routines, aap ki phatt ke haath may aajae gi. These racing drivers (not including my amateur self) are pure bred athletes, they have reaction times of fighter pilots and the physical strength of an Olympic sprinter. What rock are you living under?

You are so petty man, it's just sad.

Comment

LMAO! Typical bullsh!t non-motorsports types throw around. As I said, look up top class racing driver workout routines, aap ki phatt ke haath may aajae gi. These racing drivers (not including my amateur self) are pure bred athletes, they have reaction times of fighter pilots and the physical strength of an Olympic sprinter. What rock are you living under?

You are so petty man, it's just sad.
              I don’t know much about the sport however read on the net that 2 out of 6 top racers are fairly unfit. 1 was Newman. I guess the same rock as the journalist who wrote the article.

Comment

I don’t know much about the sport however read on the net that 2 out of 6 top racers are fairly unfit. 1 was Newman. I guess the same rock as the journalist who wrote the article.
                Man, I don't know where you get your news from. And, if you're talking about NASCAR, its not even real motorsports. That's just a bunch of overweight Americans getting together to drive their cars relatively fast around an oval track, going round and round in an infinite loop.

During the Canadian grand prix that was held this past week in Montreal. Danica Patrick, a former NASCAR & IndyCar driver, was a guest commentator on Sky Sports, and I've never seen anybody so out of their elements as she was, standing amongst titans of F1 such as Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso.

Americans are excellent at building machinery, their aircrafts are the best in the world. I've been around F22's at airshows and I've seen them do fly-by's at full throttle. Those things can put the fear of God in the soul of even the most devout atheists. But they couldn't build a half decent car, or race around anything other than an oval track, even if their life depended on it. And if all you have to do is mash your throttle and turn your steering wheel slightly to the left, then you don't need to be physically fit, just mentally unstable.

Lastly, Which Newman are you talking about? Paul Newman has been dead for the better part of a decade. He wasn't even a proper racing driver, he was friggin' Butch from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance kid!

Comment

Man, I don't know where you get your news from. And, if you're talking about NASCAR, its not even real motorsports. That's just a bunch of overweight Americans getting together to drive their cars relatively fast around an oval track, going round and round in an infinite loop.

During the Canadian grand prix that was held this past week in Montreal. Danica Patrick, a former NASCAR & IndyCar driver, was a guest commentator on Sky Sports, and I've never seen anybody so out of their elements as she was, standing amongst titans of F1 such as Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso.

Americans are excellent at building machinery, their aircrafts are the best in the world. I've been around F22's at airshows and I've seen them do fly-by's at full throttle. Those things can put the fear of God in the soul of even the most devout atheists. But they couldn't build a half decent car, or race around anything other than an oval track, even if their life depended on it. And if all you have to do is mash your throttle and turn your steering wheel slightly to the left, then you don't need to be physically fit, just mentally unstable.

Lastly, Which Newman are you talking about? Paul Newman has been dead for the better part of a decade. He wasn't even a proper racing driver, he was friggin' Butch from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance kid!
                  I do not know enough about this sport to be committed to my position on this. I can be wrong on this. My assistant was a completive show jumper for horses, I didn’t know how hard the physical training was.

Having travelled thru both continents, Americans don’t have a need for agile cars, most roads are wide and straight. They need SUVs and Trucks. We have vast wilderness, we hunt, we haul, we tow boats, seadoo skidoos move etc. I had Ml550 AMG and my Yukon is way luxurious and functional and reliable

American dick swinging is how big a log you can split in one swing. Cowboys get the best girls

Comment

People here won’t buy 500k car but spend million on motor home.

Comment

Also Americans don’t need to build sports cars, they build weapons and the rest of the world makes things for them. They print on a paper and German’s give them cars for their printed paper.

Comment

Paying in excess of $75 per week under the best administrator Pakistan has ever seen.
                        We are all in the same game, just different levels•
                        Dealing with the same hell, just different devils•

Comment

^^^ Pakistan has seen rise of 4 times. 4 years ago I remember CNG tank used to fill up for under Rs.700/= and now I'm hearing it fills up for just under Rs.2800/=. I have long been saying that Pakistan should look for ways to buy oil and gas from Iran. But now under IMF program that is virtually impossible. The best bet now would be to buy from Russia, but that is also highly unlikely as Russia sells to only those who pay cash. I was listening to Javaid Chaudry and he said that if prices remained at the current level or increased, price of oil will become less important than availability of oil.

Comment

I do not know enough about this sport to be committed to my position on this. I can be wrong on this.
                            You absolutely are.

Having travelled thru both continents, Americans don’t have a need for agile cars, most roads are wide and straight. They need SUVs and Trucks. We have vast wilderness, we hunt, we haul, we tow boats, seadoo skidoos move etc.
                            So, you're American now? And everybody hunts. Hunting season in England is gentleman's pastime, a bunch of rich aristocrats gather around every year with their new Range Rovers and expensive hunting dogs to go shoot at deer and foxes. There are off-road clubs all over the world. So, I don't see your point.

I had Ml550 AMG and my Yukon is way luxurious and functional and reliable
                            LOL! You've gotta be kidding me. The ML, even though made and assembled in North America and hence the weakest Mercedes in their line up, is still a much higher quality vehicle than a GM, Ford or Chrysler product, most of which have interiors made from the same stuff they make toilet seats and action figures out of.

I made the mistake of buying a Tahoe z71 once, within the first 25k, it's tailgate stopped closing and within the first 100k it needed a new transmission. My brother has W463 Mercedes G63 AMG from 2014 and it's gone 180k without ever going wrong once, yes its service costs a grand and 4 tires run about $2,500, but that's a small price to pay for the ultimate SUV experience. Merc's are miles ahead in reliability compared to anything form the states.

American dick swinging is how big a log you can split in one swing. Cowboys get the best girls
                            Why is it always about women and getting laid to you?

People here wonât buy 500k car but spend million on motor home.
                            Are you sure about that? Ferrari & Lamborghini sell almost 30% of their entire years production to North America.

Also Americans donât need to build sports cars, they build weapons and the rest of the world makes things for them. They print on a paper and Germanâs give them cars for their printed paper.
                            Ah yes, the whole world needs to kneel before the almighty United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheeda Pistol View Post
                              Paying in excess of $75 per week under the best administrator Pakistan has ever seen.
                              So I've heard. The situation over there is nothing short of miserable.

I heard Sunil Munj once talk about how it costs 40k rs in gas to do a Lahore to Islamabad roundtrip on a Land Cruiser, can't imagine how much it would cost now. Most likely more than double that.

Not making light of the situation but with oil costing over a $100/barrel I don't see any other way. I do understand the price of gas most likely won't be coming down, especially if PML-N gets elected into government.

Comment

You absolutely are.

So, you're American now? And everybody hunts. Hunting season in England is gentleman's pastime, a bunch of rich aristocrats gather around every year with their new Range Rovers and expensive hunting dogs to go shoot at deer and foxes. There are off-road clubs all over the world. So, I don't see your point.

LOL! You've gotta be kidding me. The ML, even though made and assembled in North America and hence the weakest Mercedes in their line up, is still a much higher quality vehicle than a GM, Ford or Chrysler product, most of which have interiors made from the same stuff they make toilet seats and action figures out of.

I made the mistake of buying a Tahoe z71 once, within the first 25k, it's tailgate stopped closing and within the first 100k it needed a new transmission. My brother has W463 Mercedes G63 AMG from 2014 and it's gone 180k without ever going wrong once, yes its service costs a grand and 4 tires run about $2,500, but that's a small price to pay for the ultimate SUV experience. Merc's are miles ahead in reliability compared to anything form the states.

Why is it always about women and

Are you sure about that? Ferrari & Lamborghini sell almost 30% of their entire years production to North America.

Ah yes, the whole world needs to kneel before the almighty United States.

I had really bad experience with my Benz and GM and Dodge have been good. Even consumer reports rate Benz as fairly unreliable.
                                Europe is very densely populated compared to USA

Humans are still a species of animal and are primal. Our primal instincts are for survival and for reproduction

Many psychologists think we evolved due to female hypergamy

Entire Europe kneels before USA, Arabs are now establishing relations with Israel, Pakistan will soon. MBS was getting cocky and than they showed him Ghost of Ghaddafi

USA is the most powerful nation that ever existed in the history of mankind.
                                How many Ferraris are sold in US compared to trucks? Most sports cars here are bought by weak old men.

Comment

Working...
                                X