Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fellow operators of the motor vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fellow operators of the motor vehicle.

Since everyone has been complaining about gas/petrol prices recently. How much are you paying for this dead dinosaur juice in your neck of the woods?
    Last edited by a7mado; 2 weeks ago.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Its 1.90 Cad per litre here, that is with the govt waiving the tax. It cost around 200 to fill up the Yukon. Heating and electricity costs are going up also. My wife is not a very economical driver, the air was low in the tires, when I picked them up at the airport. Yukon shifts to V4 while cruising and due to low air pressure, it was constantly in V8. When I drove the truck, it used to be 11L/100k, for her it was 13.7L/100K. There are ways to drive economically.

Comment

I am on the road right now. Just put gas in my car a few minutes ago. Paid 50 bucks though I still had about a quarter left. I have paid more than that (close to $60), too. Ouch.
      Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
        Its 1.90 Cad per litre here, that is with the govt waiving the tax. It cost around 200 to fill up the Yukon. Heating and electricity costs are going up also. My wife is not a very economical driver, the air was low in the tires, when I picked them up at the airport. Yukon shifts to V4 while cruising and due to low air pressure, it was constantly in V8. When I drove the truck, it used to be 11L/100k, for her it was 13.7L/100K. There are ways to drive economically.
        it's called cylinder deactivation and GM came up with it back in the 70's during the fuel shortages crisis. Basically, it will deactivate cylinders 1, 4, 6 & 7 on speeds of over 70 mph (120 km/h). Regardless, all Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade do terrible gas mileage. If I were you, I'd switch to Ford Expedition, the V6 is fantastic.
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Straw View Post
          I am on the road right now. Just put gas in my car a few minutes ago. Paid 50 bucks though I still had about a quarter left. I have paid more than that (close to $60), too. Ouch.
          I pay the equivalent of about $50 for a full tank of gas, which is about a little over 36 gallons (138 liters), 24 gallon (93 liters) main tank and a 12 gallon (45 liters) auxiliary tank. Premium gas costs roughly about $1.30/gallon here.

Comment

• The Last Straw
            The Last Straw commented
            Editing a comment
            For a full tank of gas, I pay more than 50 and it can get close to 60. I paid 50 this time because I still had about a quarter left. Used to pay 38-40 for a full tank.

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

it's called cylinder deactivation and GM came up with it back in the 70's during the fuel shortages crisis. Basically, it will deactivate cylinders 1, 4, 6 & 7 on speeds of over 70 mph (120 km/h). Regardless, all Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade do terrible gas mileage. If I were you, I'd switch to Ford Expedition, the V6 is fantastic.
          We go to mountains camping and stuff, if it rains, we sleep in it. 11litres/100k is not bad. We also have 4 other cars so don’t use Yukon that much anymore. We also right off our gas.

Comment

11litres/100k is not bad.
            It's also very sus. EPA suggests an average of 15 mpg in the combined cycle, which works out to about 16 liters/100 km, unless 90% of your driving is done on the highway at a steady speed and in top gear, in which case, how boring is your commute?

Comment

It's also very sus. EPA suggests an average of 15 mpg in the combined cycle, which works out to about 16 liters/100 km, unless 90% of your driving is done on the highway at a steady speed and in top gear, in which case, how boring is your commute?
              Yes. Our city has a freeway that covers 90 percent of our driving. We are a very thinly populated country. Our highways are most scenic in the world. I think we are larger than Europe with 34mill population

Comment

Yes. Our city has a freeway that covers 90 percent of our driving. We are a very thinly populated country. Our highways are most scenic in the world. I think we are larger than Europe with 34mill population
                Still a very boring commute. Canada has some nice mountain passes and equally thrilling back roads, designed for car enthusiasts. Don't know why I thought you'd ever be driving on them, lol.

Comment

Still a very boring commute. Canada has some nice mountain passes and equally thrilling back roads, designed for car enthusiasts. Don't know why I thought you'd ever be driving on them, lol.
                  I travel to mountains 6 times a year. They are only 3 hours from me, we hike, we camp. I hiked up Lake Louise last year .
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Here is lake Louise from my hike
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I absolutely love my hybrid accord these days. Currently its giving 55+ mpg so its a blessing. However its fuel tank is small so it takes around 11 gallon to fiill up i.e. 50 bucks and change.

Now i've another SUV truck and that eats a lot but these days i only drive it for local routes otherwise mostly relying on the sedan. The truck fills up in around 85 bucks.

My cousin was visiting last week and rented a grand charokee Jeep. Man I love this car. Anyhow he filled in the tank for 124 bucks before returning but Jeep's tank is much bigger so thats that.
                      Attitude is more important than facts.
                      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

https://www.inc.com/brit-morse/gas-p...il-demand.html
                        Attitude is more important than facts.
                        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I travel to mountains 6 times a year. They are only 3 hours from me, we hike, we camp. I hiked up Lake Louise last year .
                          I don't camp or hike. I drive, that's what gets my adrenaline pumping. Going through the gears of a well built 6 speed is pure bliss. The kind a lake or some trees simply cannot be an alternative to.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                            I absolutely love my hybrid accord these days. Currently its giving 55+ mpg so its a blessing. However its fuel tank is small so it takes around 11 gallon to fiill up i.e. 50 bucks and change.

Now i've another SUV truck and that eats a lot but these days i only drive it for local routes otherwise mostly relying on the sedan. The truck fills up in around 85 bucks.

My cousin was visiting last week and rented a grand charokee Jeep. Man I love this car. Anyhow he filled in the tank for 124 bucks before returning but Jeep's tank is much bigger so thats that.
                            So you guys are still around $5/gallon in New York? I heard Californians is paying closer to $7/gallon.

Comment

• SID_NY
                              SID_NY commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yesss, last couple of days it has come down around 10 cents so you can get it for $4.8+ p.g.
                          Working...
                          X