Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s something that’s clearly overpriced yet people still buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap airline tickets in Europe are probably based on marginal cost analysis basis

Comment

Halal meats. Double the price of meat at the regular grocery stores (usa)

Comment

• SID_NY
        SID_NY commented
        Editing a comment
        very true... very very true. Le sigh

Did I ever mention ME?

Comment

Originally posted by PunjaBee View Post
        Yeah! I don't understand why these muzlamic folks pay a premium for halal pork sausages, like why not buy regular pork sausages instead? right? RIGHTT?
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

• PunjaBee
          PunjaBee commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand meat sacrificed by explicit islamic guidelines will warrant a higher cost, but the meats are stamped and labeled halal are still machine cut....not even per islamic guidelines

• PunjaBee
          PunjaBee commented
          Editing a comment
          Even wings.....go to any amazing wings place will be less than half the price of a halal amazing wings shop. And the cheese pizza is double the price too....hut and domino's....even papa's tastes better!

I understand meat sacrificed by explicit islamic guidelines will warrant a higher cost, but the meats are stamped and labeled halal are still machine cut....not even per islamic guidelines

Even wings.....go to any amazing wings place will be less than half the price of a halal amazing wings shop. And the cheese pizza is double the price too....hut and domino's....even papa's tastes better!
        This is one thing that I will absolutely miss about living in the Middle East. Everything here is halal and of exceptionally high quality.
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Water

more expensive then soda/drinks

Comment

Costco now has a huge selection of halal meat, same price as regular meat. I typically buy my meat at their business centre. Desi store charged me 16 dollars per Kg. Costco is 9.99
            I don't trust desi butchers. They have loads of chicken wings, goat, lamb etc. I don't really care about a certain way of killing, however my wife is more comfortable with halal.

Desi butchers don't age the meat, aging is necessary to make meat tender. When an animal is killed, rigor mortis sets in. Most quality meats are aged 21 days. If an animal is throat slit, it goes thru a lot of pain, modern way of halal is more humane.

Comment

• PunjaBee
              PunjaBee commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't know, I'll have to go check it out!

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Costco now has a huge selection of halal meat, same price as regular meat. I typically buy my meat at their business centre. Desi store charged me 16 dollars per Kg. Costco is 9.99
            I don't trust desi butchers. They have loads of chicken wings, goat, lamb etc. I don't really care about a certain way of killing, however my wife is more comfortable with halal.

Desi butchers don't age the meat, aging is necessary to make meat tender. When an animal is killed, rigor mortis sets in. Most quality meats are aged 21 days. If an animal is throat slit, it goes thru a lot of pain, modern way of halal is more humane.
            Lol. As predicted, the sheer definition of a runmureed!

Never seen a shaved scrotum that looked like somebody's pretty face? I has. Do ask where

So, you said Sam is drop dead gorgeous, in other terms a proper bombshell of sorts. An entire work of art. Must it however look odd if the curious in me asked to see pics of the two wives to be able to gauge the red chilli hotness levels we be dealing with here?​

Comment

Originally posted by Exoduss View Post

Never seen a shaved scrotum that looked like somebody's pretty face? I has. Do ask where

So, you said Sam is drop dead gorgeous, in other terms a proper bombshell of sorts. An entire work of art. Must it however look odd if the curious in me asked to see pics of the two wives to be able to gauge the red chilli hotness levels we be dealing with here?
              Only in depraved misogynists use the term Zaan Mureed, here in civilised world women are the leaders of households and on average women are doing a lot better than men, In universities Female/Male ratio is 60;40. Women are more socially intelligent and make better decisions regarding the values and family.

I find it the weakest males with twigs for limbs, unable merely to stand up straight with a good posture are so worried about male dominance! Aren't you supposed to be superior where you provide and protect? With country racing to bankruptcy, Taliban taunting to defeat like in 71...where is the provide and protect?

Mashallah, God blessed me with 2 most amazing wives.

Harris benches 260 and yet he makes breakfast for Nicole..women are the privileged gender here. They have no obligation to men and just their companionship is a reward. Most high value men take care of their ladies.
              Last edited by Bobby1; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

So, you said Sam is drop dead gorgeous, in other terms a proper bombshell of sorts. An entire work of art. Must it however look odd if the curious in me asked to see pics of the two wives to be able to gauge the red chilli hotness levels we be dealing with here?â
                Smh, disgusted. Although trash-talk takes up an ample proportion of your agenda here , the least you should have is basic etiquette to watch your language in a pre-dominantly female fora [and world].
                "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

Only in depraved misogynists use the term Zaan Mureed, here in civilised world women are the leaders of households and on average women are doing a lot better than men, In universities Female/Male ratio is 60;40. Women are more socially intelligent and make better decisions regarding the values and family.

I find it the weakest males with twigs for limbs, unable merely to stand up straight with a good posture are so worried about male dominance! Aren't you supposed to be superior where you provide and protect? With country racing to bankruptcy, Taliban taunting to defeat like in 71...where is the provide and protect?

Mashallah, God blessed me with 2 most amazing wives.

Harris benches 260 and yet he makes breakfast for Nicole..women are the privileged gender here. They have no obligation to men and just their companionship is a reward. Most high value men take care of their ladies.
                  Itwaar baar ke sab se saste bikne waale item. She earns while you be busy running errands/groceries? Makes sense. A little clarity goes a long way!

Comment

Itwaar baar ke sab se saste bikne waale item. She earns while you be busy running errands/groceries? Makes sense. A little clarity goes a long way!

I don't take a penny from her, she maintains a very humble profile, lives in a nice Condo, midsize BMW, her brother on the other hand lives like a celebrity. I have always done well MA, Have been the top producer for 2 decades in real estate, that translates to good income. I am considered with very high regard in my profession. I am thinking that was one of the reasons she was attracted to me, because she was comanager with me. Personally, relationships are way more valuable than money and I have really not focused on money that much. I do have a walkout fairly large home backing onto a forest and a river, I gave that to my first wife and will transfer some rental properties to her also. I mentored my first to a point where MA, she makes quarter mill also, however compared to Sam, they are the elites, their wealth is a bit over my imagination.

I really feel fine women should not cook and clean and should be ladies of leisure. I did not fall in love with a maid, rather a princess. Although she is an incredible cook.

Average income in my province is 120K so making money does not set you apart. People don't get impressed with money, you have to bring a lot more to the table, like a good physique, entertaining interesting personality, energy, vitality, life skills etc.

Comment

I don't take a penny from her, she maintains a very humble profile, lives in a nice Condo, midsize BMW, her brother on the other hand lives like a celebrity. I have always done well MA, Have been the top producer for 2 decades in real estate, that translates to good income. I am considered with very high regard in my profession. I am thinking that was one of the reasons she was attracted to me, because she was comanager with me. Personally, relationships are way more valuable than money and I have really not focused on money that much. I do have a walkout fairly large home backing onto a forest and a river, I gave that to my first wife and will transfer some rental properties to her also. I mentored my first to a point where MA, she makes quarter mill also, however compared to Sam, they are the elites, their wealth is a bit over my imagination.

I really feel fine women should not cook and clean and should be ladies of leisure. I did not fall in love with a maid, rather a princess. Although she is an incredible cook.

Average income in my province is 120K so making money does not set you apart. People don't get impressed with money, you have to bring a lot more to the table, like a good physique, entertaining interesting personality, energy, vitality, life skills etc.
                      Proof or it never happened. Considering you come up with pretty tall claims on a regular basis. Only fair if you walk the talk, don't you think?

Good on you if you're happy
                      Good on you if you're a runmureed
                      May the force be with you!​

Comment

I believe chinese sauces

Comment

Working...
                        X