Misguide them back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misguide them back?

We all know people who knowingly misguided us. Some of us may have encountered such baby gremlins in school. They would say they won’t be preparing for an upcoming exam, yet when the results were announced, you realized they were lying. Sometimes they praised a reference book and only after wasting several days you realized the book was useless and those gremlins knew that all along.

The grownup gremlins may have recommended a sneaky mechanic who charged you twice, and only later you found out that the gremlin knew about that all along. Some older gremlins may lecture you about prioritizing various aspects of life a certain way all the while knowing very well that will only mess up your life.

The gremlins I encountered sought sadistic pleasure from watching their victims struggle, and that would make them feel so much more in control of their own lives.

How would you take revenge from such a gremlin who comes to you for guidance? How about misguiding them back?

With your first example: Anyone who says that they won't be preparing for an upcoming exam, especially a high-stakes test such as the board exam is plain lying.Kinda naive to fall for such an exaggerated comment. Even the smartest student has to open a book for a few minutes than never at all. But, yes, students with a good memory or a strong knack for a certain subject may spend less time preparing for a test.

I do know the kind of people that you are referring to. Reminds me of a high-school friend who knew that I really wanted a particular thing, won't get into what it was. So-called friend got that thing before me and I was truly happy for them. Of course, I enquired as to where I can get it as well. I was directed to a particular strip mall and told to check the island stores and I did so, only to be told by the people working there that the so-called service was not provided at the small and never was. Friend pulled this stunt on me twice. We are no longer friends for various reasons. The last time that this friend called me, I simply didn't pick up the phone or respond to the texts.

I wouldn't misguide them back, tempting as it is. Misguidance incurs loss of time and energy and money and I don't want that on my conscience when I have plenty of other sins weighing me down. If you cannot guide them, then don't misguide them. Or you can take the higher road and be the bigger/better person and help them and expect your reward only from The Almighty. Such people will not admit it to your face, but when they are alone with themselves and their conscience they might feel humbled and shamed by your kindness. What goes around comes around.

Lastly...if such folks are seeking to be entertained by your trusting nature, then don't be a means of amusement for them. You can achieve this by not seeking their advice, counsel, or help. Cutting or limiting contact with them is another way of getting back at the gremlins because they have now lost out on the friendship of a good person who is more genuine than them. They dropped the kulhaari on their own foot.
    Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

^^^
      Thanks for the detailed reply.

para#1:
      Once we grow up, only then we can see the obviousness of those lies. I'm not even talking about someone who is smarter or is particularly good at a subject. Rather I'm talking about those who had to at least put in just as much if not more time and effort as I would to get the same score.

Now one may say that if I got fooled then it is due to my own lack of due diligence and poor judgement. I have to say 2 things about that:
      1- Certainly it was.
      2- Now I'll fool them back and it'll be entirely their responsibility as well if they got fooled.

para#3:
      That is certainly a morally superior position. However, I believe in an eye for an eye. The things these gremlins do are well below my threshold, beyond which I stop talking to them. Revenge is best served cold and it must be a lovely feeling to act as if you didn't get their trick until you get an opportunity to do the same to them. After all what better way to give them the taste of their own medicine.

para#4
      Certainly that is a last resort, but sometimes I just want to settle scores and then I'm good with them again protected by the knowledge of their sneaky behavior.

Comment

^Nah, man. Why stoop to their level? I'm far from being a perfect Muslim, but I think there's a hadith which states that the best of people are those that bring benefit to others. If you refuse to be of benefit to them if they were to ask for help, then stay away from them. Why do you want to behave in the same disgust-inducing way as them? If I am really peeved at someone, I just call em out on their bull-chit. Just watch em squirm grasp desperately for lame excuses when you confront them; they won't make the same mistakes again. If you think about it, people repeat their crappy behavior because they have never been called out on it and believe that they never will be. Anyhoo, your marzi.
        Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          We all know people who knowingly misguided us. Some of us may have encountered such baby gremlins in school. They would say they won’t be preparing for an upcoming exam, yet when the results were announced, you realized they were lying. Sometimes they praised a reference book and only after wasting several days you realized the book was useless and those gremlins knew that all along.

The grownup gremlins may have recommended a sneaky mechanic who charged you twice, and only later you found out that the gremlin knew about that all along. Some older gremlins may lecture you about prioritizing various aspects of life a certain way all the while knowing very well that will only mess up your life.

The gremlins I encountered sought sadistic pleasure from watching their victims struggle, and that would make them feel so much more in control of their own lives.

How would you take revenge from such a gremlin who comes to you for guidance? How about misguiding them back?
          I wouldn't take revenge. I don't derive any pleasure from the misfortune of others. All of us are struggling with something at almost every point in our lives.

IF they come to me for guidance, I'd either guide them or stay quiet.
          'What you do comes back to you' is a reality. It may take decades to come back but it surely will, whether you realize it or not.
          Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
            'What you do comes back to you' is a reality.
            Misguiding gremlins back would be doing nature's work then.

Comment

Misguiding gremlins back would be doing nature's work then.
              That was a good one
              Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

hanji misguide karne pe saza mil rai hoti to aaj saare lahorion ko ghalat rasta banane pe chittar parrae hote
                My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Once they expose themselves to be this kind of a-holes, stop going to them for guidance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
                  Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by queer View Post
                    Once they expose themselves to be this kind of a-holes, stop going to them for guidance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
                    There are some mistakes in life that we realize after a very long time we made and then it's just regrets. But you are absolutely right in not getting fooled twice. There is a hadees[Bukhari:6133] about that as well.

Comment

Yes most of the time the people misguide you and that leads you to nothings..
                      https://www.elixir.org.pk/

Comment

I'd rather expose their intentions to the world, instead. Make them look bad. You can't misguide someone who is already morally misguided. You can however make them look bad, which is my preferred method.
                        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

<spam post>
                          Last edited by SID_NY; 2 weeks ago. Reason: spam

Comment

Hello decentGuy! Your post is nice and i agree with you. By the way, i am shopping lover and i really like to follow the new trendy fashion for my self. By the way, i want to know about your hobbies.

Comment

Working...
                            X