Major events that took place on this site in the last decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomiCA View Post
    I don't think the outdated platform is the reason. reddit is still active, an example.

it was the bannings that fked this place..but admins of the time didn't care/bother.
    I'd argue that Reddit is one of the reasons why online bulletin boards have been in decline. Reddit is just more convenient in every sense of the word.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Good to see you NomiCA
      Recently I was trying to figure out as to what is it in a bar that triggers so many fights and found some pretty good answers on Reddit. Perhaps because the focus is on What rather than Who has posted something. Many people there use throwaway accounts or just go anonymous, a feature I find necessary at times.

I think bans are necessary to protect an online community but when you abuse that power, it hurts the very community you're trying to protect.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiCA View Post
        I don't think the outdated platform is the reason. reddit is still active, an example.

it was the bannings that fked this place..but admins of the time didn't care/bother.
        This. Ban everyone and filled this place with extremist feminazis.

Comment

Working...
        X