Ramadan Kareem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramadan Kareem

Shukr Alhamdulillah to be blessed with the most beautiful days of the year. Believers all over the world are being molded in a whole different enchanting routine for next 29-30 days. From waking up for Suhoor to having yummy food in Iftar and eventually standing long for taraweeh, we are indeed provided the amazing set of activities.

Lets stay connected and share how you are passing these magical moments.

Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family & friends. May ALLAH bless us with the ability to perform Ibadah and accept all our good deeds and prayers. Aameen.

Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

It's said time seems to pass by faster each year as we age. The time it took from last Ramzaan to this one passed by so fast for me. Definitely getting old !

Ramzaan mubarak to all of you!

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Ramadan always comes very quickly (or atleast feels like). Growing up we realized how lucky we are to have this blessed month <3

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Talk about time passing fast really. Its 20th roza here already..

Ameen! And Ramadan Mubarak to everyone!
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      how is it going so far?

• aqua70
      aqua70 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is going well AH! The beauty of fasting is, you think you are going to be hecka tired from weird sleep schedule but honestly I have way more energy than I did before. Previously, I could sleep for 10 hrs straight and still feel super tired all day, not the case now.

The month of blessings is here once again. May we make the most of it. Wishing all of you glad tidings.
    We are all in the same game, just different levels•
    Dealing with the same hell, just different devils•

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Aameen inshallah.

Ramadan Kareem to those who will be practicing it this year.

Growing-up, Ramadan would be my favorite time of the year, schools would be half day (9 am to 1 pm), we have this local celebration that kids partake in, called قرقيعان‎ (gargee'aan), its something like Halloween, expect without the creepy haunted stuff, and a lot older. Kids hold bags and go door to door to collect candy. The atmosphere is generally very pleasant.

Ramadan in the middle east and the homeland is something of an experience. The sights, the sounds, the food, the culture, the mood, taraweeh time, everything. Unfortunately, just like last year, none of this will be possible this year as well, what with a 7 pm curfew and a complete ban on gatherings.

Here's hoping things will be better next year, In Shaa Allah.

What are everyone's suhoor and futoor timings?
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Alhumdu Lillah! Ramadan Mubarak to Y'ALL!

Yes Last year's Ramadan I spent in the Eastern Hemisphere! mostly in a Village! this year in the Western Hemisphere in the Pacific Northwest!

Here the Sahoor time is a bit after 4 am and Iftar is after 8 pm i.e. close to 16 hrs fasting however thirst is not an issue.......
      Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

Growing-up, Ramadan would be my favorite time of the year, schools would be half day (9 am to 1 pm), we have this local celebration that kids partake in, called قرقيعان‎ (gargee'aan), its something like Halloween, expect without the creepy haunted stuff, and a lot older. Kids hold bags and go door to door to collect candy. The atmosphere is generally very pleasant.

Ramadan in the middle east and the homeland is something of an experience. The sights, the sounds, the food, the culture, the mood, taraweeh time, everything. Unfortunately, just like last year, none of this will be possible this year as well, what with a 7 pm curfew and a complete ban on gatherings.

Are you in the gulf?
        Saudi doesn't have a curfew but our cases are rising.
        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
          Shukr Alhamdulillah to be blessed with the most beautiful days of the year. Believers all over the world are being molded in a whole different enchanting routine for next 29-30 days. From waking up for Suhoor to having yummy food in Iftar and eventually standing long for taraweeh, we are indeed provided the amazing set of activities.

Lets stay connected and share how you are passing these magical moments.

Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family & friends. May ALLAH bless us with the ability to perform Ibadah and accept all our good deeds and prayers. Aameen.

Aameen Ramadan Mubarak everyone. It's definitely going to be very different this year since I'll be spending half of it in quarantine. I had a different different in mind for Ramadan this year and Allah had a completely different plan, definitely a better one.

Remember me and my family in your prayers

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post

Aameen Ramadan Mubarak everyone. It's definitely going to be very different this year since I'll be spending half of it in quarantine. I had a different different in mind for Ramadan this year and Allah had a completely different plan, definitely a better one.

Remember me and my family in your prayers
            Quarantined at HOME! Right?..........

seems you travelled so that caused the Quarantine???

Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post

Quarantined at HOME! Right?..........

seems you travelled so that caused the Quarantine???
              Yes, quarantined at home due to being tested Covid positive.
              Nopes, didn't travel.

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post

Yes, quarantined at home due to being tested Covid positive.
                Nopes, didn't travel.
                Oh no!! how are you feeling now? Get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

Absolutely nothing beats the epic environment of Ramadan in muslim majority countries. and its sad that right with the advent of the holy month comes the rise in Covid cases. But i hope its temporary and may be restrictions get lifted in the later part of Ramadan?!

Comment

Oh no!! how are you feeling now? Get well soon!
                    Just the regular symptoms...my parents and I are in it together.

Thank you! Just Keep us in your duas.

Comment

• Sajalina
                      Sajalina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wishing you guys a speedy recovery. How is your smell and taste?

• LP
                      LP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sajalina , only dad has lost his smell and taste so far. He got infected 2-3 days before us.

• LP
                      LP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sajalina , I lost my smell and taste for 5-6 days!
                      It's back now Alhumdulillah I can finally taste the rolls I'm eating

Absolutely nothing beats the epic environment of Ramadan in muslim majority countries. and its sad that right with the advent of the holy month comes the rise in Covid cases. But i hope its temporary and may be restrictions get lifted in the later part of Ramadan?!
                    We're allowed Umrah if we're vaccinated or have had Covid already. The cases are on a rise here too.

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
                      Alhumdu Lillah! Ramadan Mubarak to Y'ALL!

Yes Last year's Ramadan I spent in the Eastern Hemisphere! mostly in a Village! this year in the Western Hemisphere in the Pacific Northwest!

Here the Sahoor time is a bit after 4 am and Iftar is after 8 pm i.e. close to 16 hrs fasting however thirst is not an issue.......
                      Thats long day. But you should tell us more about your experience of spending Ramadan in your village. Would love to see some pics too!

Comment

Working...
                      X