900 to Charge Tesla...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

900 to Charge Tesla...

Yikes, power problems due to snow. I dont think electric cars will replace gas anytime soon. Power prices will surge and gas will stay competetive.

That's insane.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

When it comes to cars, the only renewable source of energy that makes any sense is hydrogen fuel cell.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post
        When it comes to cars, the only renewable source of energy that makes any sense is hydrogen fuel cell.
        I don’t know much about them, I don’t feel that hyped for electric cars yet. China can build a auto charging infrastructure but it won’t be easy for the west.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

I don’t know much about them, I don’t feel that hyped for electric cars yet. China can build a auto charging infrastructure but it won’t be easy for the west.
          I'm all of gas powered cars. But the environmentalist don't agree with me.

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather drive V8's & V12's than save polar bears & the melting ice caps, because, I am pretty sure that a nuclear holocaust would end us before global warming does, anyways.
          "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

I'm all of gas powered cars. But the environmentalist don't agree with me.

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather drive V8's & V12's than save polar bears & the melting ice caps, because, I am pretty sure that a nuclear holocaust would end us before global warming does, anyways.
            Most homes in a couple of decades will be net zero and meat will grow in factories and most here do not care for cars as most girls
            make their own monies and don’t get impressed with cars they are more inclined to look at great physique and good personalities so fossil fuel consumption will go down and I am hopeful that environment shall be okay, my massive Yukon Denali is much more efficient compared to before it switches from 8 to 4 depending on if you need to accelerate

Comment

Not too long ago when were hit by Sandy there were long lines outside gas station as it was scarce, expensive and a hassle. Every natural calamity brings its aftereffects. Nevertheless electric is still on the rise. Not that one thing is going to replace another but now when Tesla's competitors are on the rise, the game is on.
              Attitude is more important than facts.
              "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                Not too long ago when were hit by Sandy there were long lines outside gas station as it was scarce, expensive and a hassle. Every natural calamity brings its aftereffects. Nevertheless electric is still on the rise. Not that one thing is going to replace another but now when Tesla's competitors are on the rise, the game is on.
                The question is if it is a fad. Humans are motivated by economics, convenience and validation. It will be a long time till US builds infrastructure, China is dictatorial and energy dependent and will have infrastructure faster. Still costs 18 to 20 dollars to charge, once demand is up for electricity we will all pay hundreds more in electric bills. My biggest issue is road trips. How does Tesla handle 5000km road trips. No doubt the under dog gets attention but eventually tens of thousands in battery replacement costs, pollution resulting from rare earth metals and dealing with hazardous waste of used batteries will be noticed
                As the poster mentioned my bet is fusion will be the alternate technology.
                Best to wait and see, I would rather spend my money on net zero housing. I was involved with that and am gung ho on that

Comment

I need some information about electricity anyone can guide me?

Comment

Working...
                  X