Whatsapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatsapp

Have you accepted their new terms & conditions?

Many people are determined to leave whatsapp before Feb 08th which is their last date to accept the T&C

As per what I read in those conditions, FB, the buyer of whatsapp will now be able to use all your contact information as well as share this info with any companies they want for "marketing" purposes.

That is just another storm in a tea cup. After all the hue and cry, only negligible number of people will actually uninstall Whatsapp for good. However, I will love to learn about alternatives and what they offer.

Comment

Honestly I'm not bothered by it. They can snoop on me all they want..I really don't care. All I care about is the best user experience.
      Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

I have the launch codes of Pakistan's nuclear missiles on my mobile
        We are all in the same game, just different levels•
        Dealing with the same hell, just different devils•

Comment

The bigger problem is Facebook sharing the data with other companies. Which companies, how many companies etc we dont know. Those who are aware know the Cambridge Analytics saga in 2016.

And no this is not your social media data, this is your cell phone data. i.e. All contacts etc and at some later point may be messages too.

I'm strongly considering to uninstall it. Many of my groups are already moving to Signal
          Attitude is more important than facts.
          "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

It's an annoyance but not more than that

Comment

Like #SID_NY wrote Essentially, this means Facebook will be able to access account information including your phone number, information on how you interact with other users, and logs of how often and how long you use WhatsApp.

Other data that could be shared with Facebook includes your IP address, browser details, language and time zone.

WhatsApp was acquired by Facebook in 2014, and has shared data with its parent company since 2016.
              Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

They have extended the deadline till May now.

So far Signal is the closest competitor but I doubt if many people will leave whatsapp.

Comment

Working...
                X