What will you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LP View Post

Point 1in my initial post was in relation to huqoq ul ibad for those who know me like family, friends etc
    Point 2 was in relation to doing something similar to the link Sheeda posted but with my meagre means
    Point 3 was focused on Ibadah and worship

I've been working on point 1 since 2018, in preparation for my death so I have that pretty much covered.
    As for point 2, what I have in mind in general will take years to be implemented so if I only had 6 months I'd invest in different charity organizations.
    Point 3 stays the same. As for the details, once in Madinah, I will be a part of the volunteer group within masjid Nabwi. This way I stay connected to it at all times while utilizing every waking second for reward. And ofcourse my prayers, istighfar,dua and quran etc would be increased substantially too. And so will my visits to Makkah for Umrah.

It's all about the reward in the end really. Strengthening your relation with Allah and Figuring out what you can do which will have a longer lasting positive impact on humans after you're gone( sadaqa jariya).
    Agreed. And you might have missed my point here. Not that I have any intention to criticize here. Not at all my friend.

All of these are still considered part of pure ibaadah.
    Very much respectful acts.

In the end everything is Ibaadah one can say.

But what I meant was what will you do for those who you know besides asking for apologies etc.? The practical stuff.

I think we have some obligations to those in our capacities to our family members as well. Not "just" to random people via charity work etc.

For example: Few points come to my mind:

1-Writing a will.
    2- Already should have secured a life insurance if applicable.
    3- Making a trust.
    4- Advising younger ones good suggestions.
    5-Writing your experiences and stories for others to read after you are gone.
    6- Sitting and spending time with parents and siblings and making them laugh etc. etc.
    Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by diwana View Post

Agreed. And you might have missed my point here. Not that I have any intention to criticize here. Not at all my friend.

All of these are still considered part of pure ibaadah.
      Very much respectful acts.

In the end everything is Ibaadah one can say.

But what I meant was what will you do for those who you know besides asking for apologies etc.? The practical stuff.

I think we have some obligations to those in our capacities to our family members as well. Not "just" to random people via charity work etc.

For example: Few points come to my mind:

1-Writing a will.
      2- Already should have secured a life insurance if applicable.
      3- Making a trust.
      4- Advising younger ones good suggestions.
      5-Writing your experiences and stories for others to read after you are gone.
      6- Sitting and spending time with parents and siblings and making them laugh etc. etc.
      Points 1-3 are applicable to those who are rich or have assets (I'm not a proponent of #2 though)
      4- Already do. I do it for the elders too since I'm kinda the go to person for quite a few relatives when they're going through tough times.
      5- This sounds interesting but will take a lot of effort and 6 months is too short to use on this. I'd rather use that time for something which will have a longer lasting positive impact
      6- Jazaak Allah khair for this reminder. I've missed out on this in the past few months and will start working on it from tomorrowبإذن الله .

To be honest, I have nothing more to add
      I'd be grateful if you add a few more. Maybe I'll find more stuff to work on.
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post

Points 1-3 are applicable to those who are rich or have assets (I'm not a proponent of #2 though)

4- Already do. I do it for the elders too since I'm kinda the go to person for quite a few relatives when they're going through tough times.

5- This sounds interesting but will take a lot of effort and 6 months is too short to use on this. I'd rather use that time for something which will have a longer lasting positive impact

Not really. Try it. Without the thought of death.

6- Jazaak Allah khair for this reminder. I've missed out on this in the past few months and will start working on it from tomorrowبإذن الله .

Welcome.

To be honest, I have nothing more to add

Yes you do.
        You are very intelligent.

I'd be grateful if you add a few more. Maybe I'll find more stuff to work on.

Will do..

Hope you can read the blue color responses.

I understand If you are not proponent of life insurance. It is considered not halal by some people. But that is debatable and more discussion is needed on it.

Basically, if the money is placed in a place with fluctuatiing value then it is halal. Fixed interest is is what a lot of Muslim preachers are against of. But we can discuss it another time. I am not proponent of it strongly either. Not because of reason you might think. But still ONE good way to leave money for the loved ones.

Please do not your head.

That may hurt.

Comment

@LP I like that you do not use "comment" button. It's easier to keep the flow of the thread if people STOP using this silly "comment" button".

I use "comment" button only if I have to work hard and being lazy for having to put parenthesis in order to make the responses like "Quote".

Comment

Thats very interesting question actually. Been faced some life & death situations (loved ones, not me), I did question this myself.

Honestly there is no definite answer. But vaguely what I can say is, I'll try to help others as much as possible.By others I mean entire humanity. That also keeping in mind that my last six months are in good health, not bed-ridden otherwise there is either way no point.

Everyone has to die. But I wish I get enough time to undo my wrongdoings and give the most to humanity before the new journey.
            Attitude is more important than facts.
            "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Woah @LP I could've written your first post myself word for word!

Assuming I'd be on my two feet in the duration of the 6-months:

1. Clear my mortgage loan as much as I can and put my kid on the deed. I've already cleared other loans.
              2. Purchase life insurance that would go to my parents
              3. Write to my son, record a few things for him to look at later in life
              4. Apologize to everyone I may have hurt, and work towards bettering relationships with those around me
              5. Teach my kid what to recite for me as sadqa jariya after I'm gone and spend more time with parents
              6. Give away most of my idle belongings
              7. Move to Madina (always wanted to live there since I first set foot in Madina) and do volunteering/community service so that my kid could watch and learn
              8. Invest in well drilling as a form of charity
              9. Lots of istighfar

Sighs...that's all I could think of. I know it sounds dreamy but so does the question.
              "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmere View Post
                Woah @LP I could've written your first post myself word for word!

Assuming I'd be on my two feet in the duration of the 6-months:

1. Clear my mortgage loan as much as I can and put my kid on the deed. I've already cleared other loans.
                2. Purchase life insurance that would go to my parents
                3. Write to my son, record a few things for him to look at later in life
                4. Apologize to everyone I may have hurt, and work towards bettering relationships with those around me
                5. Teach my kid what to recite for me as sadqa jariya after I'm gone and spend more time with parents
                6. Give away most of my idle belongings
                7. Move to Madina (always wanted to live there since I first set foot in Madina) and do volunteering/community service so that my kid could watch and learn
                8. Invest in well drilling as a form of charity
                9. Lots of istighfar

Sighs...that's all I could think of. I know it sounds dreamy but so does the question.
                Good one..............Mix of both worldly/earthly and above the world responsibilities.

While there maybe people thinking about themselves (within this arbitrary time period of six months) and engaged in religious activities etc. thereby thinking of their own salvation and afterlife rewards by religious activities, there is nothing wrong in it, but as human beings we still have certain responsibilities towards other human beings.

We should never ignore our responsibilities towards our relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers etc etc.

Just like during any other day, regardless if we know we are dying in a specified time period.

Because, anyone of us could die anytime, without any prior notification. So be prepared.

Hoping I follow the same.

Comment

be positive ,no one will die

Comment

Originally posted by nasirudas07 View Post
                    be positive ,no one will die
                    Yes. Every one of us will die on one day.

It's not about positive or negative. Nothing about depression of lack of happiness either.

It's about recognizing the "reality" that each one of us will die some day. Most of us do not know when.

Be prepared if you believe in after-life.

Even if you do not believe in after-life,.............................be prepared.

Comment

That ******* idiot Faisal Shahzad, why would you trade that for that?

Comment

I won't smile at anything.

Comment

I won't smile at anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MujtabaIK View Post
                            That ******* idiot Faisal Shahzad, why would you trade that for that?
                            Please post after reading the title of the thread and appropriately.

Comment

Working...
                            X