Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I FART WILL I BE in trouble here ?.

From the register section:
    "you will not use this GUPSHUP Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this GUPSHUP Forum".
    =============================================

No post is yet written, nor will there be one written in the future, that can profess to abide by the above guidelines and offend nobody out there. Even if you sneeze, there are people who will be mightly annoyed, if you didn't have a hanky in front of your nose.

I am just wondering, if we all just sing campfire songs in here, or what ?. Politics is the bloodiest sport invented by man. How can you discuss it, with the spectre of all these unending conditional freedom of speech guidelines ?.

What I mean is, if I inadvertantly light up a fart in here...will one of the Gupshup mod's be rushing around the room, trying to capture it, ala Ghost Busters ?. I have to know.

Thakur
    Copyright 2000.
    All Rights Reserved

[This message has been edited by Thakur (edited February 27, 2000).]

Leave it Man! Jo ho gaya su ho gaya...

I understand your anger over here, but come on man.....thats life is!!! going on and on and on....

------------------
    Nadeem

Comment

Yeah, shove off back to your own cesspit and leave this one alone. For all your slagging of the members here you try hard enough to get them on your own site to bring some life to it...

Comment

Hahah

just make sure that the fart is not one of those "silent but violent" types for which the source is hard to point out. one of those "loud and proud" ones is always good.

Anyways here is Fraudia's theory of Farts.

"for the source of a fart to be debatable, three is the minimum number of people that need to be present at the scene of the incident"

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Interesting point.

No agreement for registration at a discussion board can be 'perfect'. It's just an outline that tries to convey to the registering member certain policies and rules that that organization claims to abide by.

If you look at it, words like abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening etc can get pretty unclear and ambigious. For many, they would be subjective matters. And hence the need of a moderator who may discern the appropriateness of the material being discussed. This, among other things, helps to make those ambigous words a bit more intelligible for the participating members over a period of time. This in turn creates a certain culture and atmosphere at a discussion board. In my opinion, it’s more like a starting point or foundation which becomes more commonly understood among the participating members over a period of time.

However, there is something in pak.org’s registeration rules statement that cannot be sketched out into any definitive state of understanding for others. It’s the sentence that states
          we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.
          To me, this part of the agreement is purely subjective both on pak.org and registering member’s part. That’s where trust and respect comes into the picture. It’s the trust and respect a member puts in adminstration’s discretion that a post won’t be ‘unreasonably’ deleted even if the above sentence says so.

If I would click on the ‘I agree’ button, in my mind I would be trusting the organization that even if it says it can delete my message for whatsoever reason, the administration won’t take such an action in an unprincipled manner and will come back to me and will simply say that ‘hey, we deleted the message because of ‘whatsoever’ reason and you agreed to such a condition when you registered’.

For a registering member there isn’t much choice but to trust that such an action won’t be taken out of a unscrupulous reason. And that’s hell of a responsibility to realize for the administration before they casually delete a message out of ‘whatsoever’ reason. And I'm not saying it purely in a personal context. Personally, even if it is not my post but somebody else's that is deleted out of this 'whatsoever' reason, I would still feel my trust violated.

I think it is important to realize that if administration of a discussion board expects its members to behave responsibly by abiding by those rules, it itself is bound by certain implicit responsibilities that apply to it out of the same trust and expectations.

It is not about how well you can justify an action, it is about how much honestly can you reason it.

Comment

Working...
          X