Work......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work......

Folks, what is the definition of this word..."WORK"...
    I would want to hear whatever you guys have to say about it...( Not khlail jibran's words)
    After all its a big part of our lives,, we should have some thoughts about it...

Din se raaat khotey ki tara kaamm...half hour for lunch and thats it...get bossed around all the time...thats work...made to do something you dont wana do thats work...you know i alwayss though of bosses as legs...when they get to the top they become an ass.

Jaawan

------------------
    Till next time***Keep_It_Simple_Stupid***

Comment

Our enthusiasm about work in general is spilling in the thread to,,,,,, as evidenced by the overwhelming response....
      It would be interesting to see what comes to your mind.....Even if it is" what a useless post"

Comment

Work....for some it can be a thankless task that gets them a paycheck.

for others

it can be doing something one really enjoys doing and at the same time get paid to do that.

although many people would say that work does not imply a monetary compensation for it.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Work is Force x Distance.

And thats the bottom line cause Umair316 said so.

Comment

I think work is something that you have do out of a need and if that need is fullfilled some other way or form, and that too, to a better satisfaction, you probably won't do it.

For example, no matter how much one loves his work(job), they won't do it if they don't need the money. I love my work, but if I could afford not to do it, I would rather do something else in my time, that I like even more than my work(job) like writing poems. Conversely, writing poems is not a work for me because there is no urgent need to write them(other than the inner poetic itch one feels once in a while).

There are other works, other than ones job. For example I changed the filter and oil myself yesterday. SOmthing that I don't do usually myself, but garages were closed sunday and it was late in the evening. Now I did it, because it was a needed not because I like changing oil and filter. So it was work for me. Same thing goes for fixing other things around the house. BUT, suppose some one loves to do that kind of stuff aorund the house, then it may not be a work for him, I guess.

So I would say" an activity is a work, if you do it out of some need that cann't be fulfilled better some other way"

CM

Comment

Originally posted by ChannMahi:
              (other than the inner poetic itch one feels once in a while).
              Hmmmm you may wanna see a poetic dermatologist for that.

anyways, I agree that as much as I like my work, I probably would be doing something different if the monetary concerns were not present.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
              X