Is Meningitis popular in Pakistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Meningitis popular in Pakistan?

Just wonderin if any of you guyzzz know if meningitis is popular in Pakistan...as in, is it contagious...I know that there are different strands such as A, B, C etc and it's sad to know that Strand B has no vaccination as known (yet)!. Strand is is the most common one in the UK then strand B but strand A is very common in Africa.

So is it popular in Pakistan or do you think it is?

There are vaccinations available for both strands A and C!

------------------
    Mera Dil Hai 100% Pure Pakistani!xxxxxxx

Originally posted by Hana Memon:
    Just wonderin if any of you guyzzz know if meningitis is popular in Pakistan...
    So is it popular in Pakistan or do you think it is?

never heard the word "popular" to describe a disease...

Meningitis breakouts have occured in Pakistan from what I hear, but nor sure of how wide spread they were or what strains were present.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I knew that, that word would be a prob but at that time of writing this post no other, better word came into mind...undershtand Fraudia Sahib!

------------------

Comment

Hana,
        I dont know , If you are talking about meningitis , or Hepatitis...
        Hepatitis , has the strands A B C D ETC.
        And it is widespread in pakistan , probably the leading cause of death related to hepatic failure...( B and C , that is)
        Meningitis( inflammation of the coverings of brain) is very common too.....My first patient that died ( as a resident) had meningococcal menningitis , 14 year old boy , who only died because he couldnt get to hosp.
        in time....

Comment

Nova
          I am talking about Meningitis, not hepatitis.
          You see a 16yr old girl died in my school 2 weeks ago from meningitis and the hospital thinks that it was strand B which there is no vaccination. A lady came in to give a talk on Meningitis and only talked about strands B and C are common in the UK and strand A is common in Africa but I just want to know if any strand of meningitis is common in Pakistan/Asia.

------------------

Comment

hmmmm...let's not let this thread get buried.....perhaps someone else can shed some light on the matter.....

Nova might be away for a bit....

Comment

Hana kiya hal hai ap ka janab..
              did you check with your physican..hello execuse mee kaise lageee hehehe

dil.dilsee..dil to akhir dil hai na

Comment

Working...
              X