Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GupShup Get together

Hi folks

I missed the last GupShup get together in Chicago because I was travelling all over for work those days.

So, when can we organize one? and where? Chicago central for folks? It would be good for people to get together and I will finally be able to collect the membership fees from y'all.

Instead of doing it as a stand alone thing...we can do it in conjunction with another thing e.g. 14th august gupshup get together in chicago/toronto etc.

How about a get together in Orlando at Disney? Lets hear some ideas...and maybe we can make it happen.

I was thinking chicago because its fairly central and people can get cheap flights easily and suburban hotels etc are very reasonable pricewise.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

I am game. I can plan my next "site-visit" to be around chicago, but will have to know in advance.

August does give it theme though. So will March 23 but I guess its cutting it too close.

Comment

If we can get the ball rolling early, and chicago guppies put their efforts together we can prolly have a good gig.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

hey how about NY or perhaps DC... after all the chicago thing was done last year... does it have to be done again?

Comment

Why not in Europe (may be even Amsterdam , after all last year was held in the States. ( i regret i couldn't be there)
          I could be your Master of Ceremony http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

Comment

Well if u guys are planning to meet in Toronto or Boston then I can join u provided if get-together takes place on some dates in May.

23rd March: I am definately in Amesterdam, 14th August: its too early to say where would I be but most probably Amesterdam.

Comment

Mr. F,

You know what my position is with respect to travel right now....anywhere is good...preferably Toronto cuz I'd like to be near ammi considering her condition.

Comment

I am not going to be the pointperson for setting this up I am just getting a discussion going and since we have enough time we can decide where and when.

hey maybe there can be a european meet and a north american meet. There were a few ppl from pakistan as well so maybe a Pakistan meet as well.

hey maybe we can have a luncheon in toronto and a dinner in europe and teleconference.
                people in pakistan will be doing breakfast i think?

Comment

yeah, let's decide when and where and then we can find a point person locally.

Comment

I think it shoudl be somewhere in the centre, what about Poland or Romania? or may be Czechoslovakia (Well Czech or Slovak)?

Comment

Centre of what?? http://www.pak.org/gupshup/confused.gif

------------------
                      may sub kay bhaid khol doonga, yahoo.....

Comment

Cheechoo kee maliya would be best!

or

Tumbuktoo!

or

The Islamic Republic of Laloo khayte

------------------
                        may sub kay bhaid khol doonga, yahoo.....

[This message has been edited by Jaasoos (edited February 24, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                        X