Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point of a discussion board?

Just wondering...

can ask further basic questions.. what is the purpose of life.. or what is life.. and so on.

Comment

KG Gee, i think it has a different meaning for every1.
      For me it means to share my thoughts and views with other friends here who have lived a great deal of their life abroad.
      When my parents "imported" us back in 72 there were just a few Paki families here in Holland. So i grew up in a Gora environment and missed a lot basic things.
      Now, a few years older, i sometimes miss some specific company and information.
      So to me this forum means two basic things :
      - fellow bro's and sisters
      - information / thoughts / views

Comment

You can either use BBs constructively or use them as garbage collectors, or something in between.

I see BB as a place where I can learn from others experiences, I can ask questions about my country my culture. Or just talk with other Pakistanis. There are many other good things about BBs, especially GupShup as its not too loose or too strict, everyone can be accepted unless he/she really pushes the button. Sometime this dhelee rassi, gives problems, this place could be like some other racist BBs where everyone agrees on everything, and youll get banned the moment you disagree, or it could also be very loose where ppl can express their frustrations and pretend to be oooh so modern.

One thing that annoys me is that some ppl think they have a right to have fun on others expense while some think its their only mission in life to destroy quality of a forum, how pathetic.

Cultural debates on GupShup are the best, talking about culture I really respect ppl who spend time telling us about our country, our cities, culture and heritage. This really means a lot, since most of us overseas born live with a culture that our parents brought with them in 1970s so thanks for the valuable information.

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited February 22, 2000).]

Comment

As in most things...you get out of a bbs what you put into it.

There are those that come here for light-hearted conversation, those that come here to learn and be challenged and those that come here to live out their fantasies.

Comment

It cant say much about other forums but gupshup is like a "piyar ka pehla shehir" ....

Comment

Working...
            X