Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mountains

Hi there!.
    i am crazy for mountains.I wanna know that why this sport[treking, rock climbing,mountaineering] is not so popular in pakistan.

It is true that it is not as popular as Cricket, but for every one expedition by foreigners to do Raka Poshi, there are at least 10 local ones. The reason it is not very popular is because it is very expansive, but still there are lots of Pakistani mountaineers.

Comment

Has any Pakistani ever heard of Trango Glacier in the Karakoram Range of Pakistan?.. if you ask any ordinary Pakistani ,the answer is probably 'NO'.
      This is the one of the most raggid climbing zones on earth ,and boasts majestic granite fangs as the Nameless tower, Shipton Spire, and Great Trango tower.
      Mountaineering wolrd's most popular magazine 'Climbing' features an article about Trango almost every month..
      Visit http://www.climbing.com ( official website of the magazine). My favorite is the official website of all the rock-climbers http://www.rockclimbig.com . You also wanna check out http://www.rockandice.com , this webstie is more about expedition style climbing.
      NYAhemedi, I disagree with you on the issue that more Pakistani climbing expeditions attempt Karakoram mountains than the foreigners'.
      I've never heard of a Pakistani who has climbed K-2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrums, Rakaposhi, and Trangos.. I'ld like to know if anyone else has, please.
      Shanz, I also need some information on the local mountaineers , and clubs. I'ld like to
      attempt one of the Trangos. I also wanna ski in Mallam Jabba , Swat . It was open last season, I don't know if it's still open.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited February 18, 2000).]

Comment

hi outlaw!...1st i wanna know where r u from?...U r wronge , it is right that more foreigners travel and plane more expeditons than the LOCALS[pakistani] do.
        And one thing more that this game is not so popolar in our countary not because of expensis but also because of life risk.ok
        I just could not under stand that wether u wanna climb tringo tower or u want to go to its base and enjoy .please tell me about that .I can give u contacts but u should have to give me a visit on ICQ ok .mine # is 61249746.

Comment

Yes there r a no of pakistanis who have climbed one or two 8000 ers of north,but there is only one who has climbed all[ k-2,nangaberbat,g-2, broad peak,hidden peak]
          and his name is RAGAB SHAH from SHIMAHAL village.I have met him ,he has aranged for our expedition last year.He is a very good man,he would have also climbed MOUNT EVEREST but his team leader did not let him do that.

Comment

Hi Shanz, I think sensible approach would be to first visit along Trango glacier and pick up the tower suited to my skills of climbing.
            I picked up climbing after moving to Vancouver BC Canada , few years ago. I usually polish my skills through bouldering around Vancouver.
            It's my great pleasure to know that there is person who has climbed these big 4's.
            If you wish to climb in North America , I can give you information about some very cool places , and can also give you solid links for purchasing your alpine gear.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited February 19, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X