DOES >>>>>? IT ROTATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOES >>>>>? IT ROTATE

hi! folks now if i have you herer please tell me if THE SUN rotates or not YEah i knoe it does around it's axis but iam talking about glaxy . might think i am stupid but i have a very serious argument with a silly friend lke many on the web he is saying that not only does the sun rotates around it's own axis but around the galxy as well it is not my feild but i belive that it is impossible for sun to move with out having a tail bescause it is mad of gases only please help us out or arugu your self
    bye

Well Shezi as far as the Islam is concern, qur'aan says somewhere that everything is moving incl. sun and everything has a life to live incl. sun, earth and virtually everything which luckily science has proven in a not very distant past.
    Kaleem

Comment

ASKM Shezi!

Ummmmm My favourite topic! Yes indeed the sun rotates the way Earth Does. Aaand u know if u do further research I think the whole milky way rotates too. Its funny because I'm always arguing with my Uncle and Physics teacher that why in the world is every single thing, in this whole universe, going in circles? So faaar, no one has ans'd my Q's.
      Did you know Shezi that our galaxy is moving towards an unknown destination. Yes it is! Funny eh? Plus here's another one, they say that during the end, our zameen will be very close to janath. NeatiO huh?!!
      Plus u know, how in some books, it is written that on Kiyamath the sun will be only a few miles away from Earth. Know why? B'cuz as u know, all stars after living for a certain time, Die, Just like us. So when a star is dying,it exapands for ever, n ever. Well its not hard putting up the whole thing together and figuring out then eh? Adding scienctific logics & Islamic knowledge together makes learning fuNN

PS. R u an Astro wacko? I am )

Comment

For All of you.
        If you want to learn about the physics of universe then a book "A brief history of time" by Hopkins would explain it all to you. But according to the present physics Sun rotates. It is interesting an interisting question that why it has no tail. But a study of energy generation (Fusion) can explain it all. As for Islamic view "All the celestial objects are moving in their objects till a defined time" So all of them have to die away when Allah would like".

Comment

"A brief history of time" is by Stephen Hawkings. Available from [url]www.amazon.com[\url]

Farouq Taj.

Comment

What ??? Sun rotates???
            Wow i didn't know that. I always thought Earth and the planets rotate around the Sun in orbits.....? All these years i have been thinking Sun is in a fixed position.
            Ooh well ....alot more i have to learn .
            )

Comment

Just to clarify certain facts:
              I think that every body is talking about the sun revolving around the galaxy and confusing it by using the term "rotation". Yes, our sun revolves around the milky way galaxy, but due to the fact that the galaxy is rotating about its axis thus making our solar system (which lies in the outer regions of our galaxy) revolves around the center of the galaxy.

To Daysee Behna:
              Our galaxy is not moving towards an unknown destination. Its moving outwards because of the expansion of the universe. Mind it that its not moving outwards in space, but the space is in the continuos process of creating itself and thus expanding its diameter, every single moment. Our galaxy, like all other galaxies is just moving because of the result of that expansion. If you have an interest in cosmology (as you said you have), you should read the book recommended by M Ali and farouq taj ( "A brief history of time").
              "they say that during the end, our zameen will be very close to janath". (your statement, daysee Behna).
              I love to know the source of this prediction, please.
              About your unanswered question, everything in this universe is going in circles (not really, comets and asteroids follow elliptical path, but yes, its a close loop trajectory) because of gravity. Without going into space-time theory of modern physics, let me try to explain it. Classical physics states that whenever an object is under the continuous influence of two forces which are equal and at the angle of 90 degrees from each other, the body follows a circular path. Our earth is under constant pull from the sun while she is trying to flyway from its orbit in the direction which is tangent to the circular path (and normal to the pull of sun) at every point, she is following . The resultant is the revolution around the sun.

To M ALI:
              About the sun not having a tail, it does. Solar winds tend to blow in the direction away from the motion of the sun.

To everyone:
              I have a request to make. In my humble opinion, it is not necessary at all to prove every scientific law by quoting Quran. Given the fact the Quran is the guide of life in general, I find no reason of putting every scientific theory on test by using Quran as some proving device. Unless we are authority on Quran and the science at the same time, we should refrain from doing that. Specially (without any disrespect to anyone), we should refrain from vague statements like "they say that ..." and "quran says somewhere ...". If one doesn't know the
              source of his/her Islamic info. or the exact verse of Quran, than one should avoid making claims.

Enough said.
              Thanks

The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Thanks T.Khan for all that neat info
                Okay, my Qs "Why evey thing is going in circles etc" I meant like life cycle etc too. Know what I'm saying or I'm being too vague?
                Aaand as far as that source of that "Zameen will be very close etc" is concerned well, I read stuff and forget the names. Thanks for reminding me that... from now on, I'll read carefull and remember things precisly
                Okay if I come across that statement again somewhere, This time I'll be sure to record the name in my memo

Comment

Dear Farooq Taj
                  Thank you for correction about the author I read this book about a year ago but unfortunately I always forget the name of that great scientists.
                  Dear Tariq
                  I am also a student of physics, I used also because from your message it looks like you have a lot of knowledge in this field. My field is Medical Physics (cancer treatment with radiation) but I have a lot of interest in cosmology and whenever I find a book about it I try to finish that first keeping medical physics books aside. But my knowledge is still a drop in an ocean or less then that.
                  I read a book "The end of physics" I am forgetting the name of the author but it discussed the myth of a unified theory in detail. And in its discussion it says that universe can be closed or open. If the universe is open then it will go on expanding and if it is close, Then one day all the celestial objects will start moving back towards each other and crash into each other(A sort of anti big bang).
                  Another theory (unfortunately I am forgetting both the author and the book but you might have read it) says that nature cannot favour matter so their must be an anti material universe to balance out our material universe and these both are seperated by some soert(unknown) to combine and change into energy. I have tried not to in physics details because in this conversation some people might not understand. But I think I would like to contact you on your E-Mail and then we can discuss a lot of physics there.
                  Thanks

Comment

Hey all,
                    If you guys are really interested in astronomy, here's a word of advice.It may seem a little crazy but it'll work believe me
                    WATCH "STAR TREK"Gene Rodenberry has explained so much in his series that you cant help but wonder as to what there is left to wonder about.Any comments about my suggestion please feel free to contact me at "[email protected]"any comment would do.Even if you junk mail me even then I guess, I'll read it.
                    SO LONG

[This message has been edited by Enterprise.]

Comment

DARK SIDE OF LIFE, KK HATES NICE THOUGHTS

[This message has been edited by Enterprise.]

Comment

Hi M ALI
                        Thanks for the compliment, but I dont have a lot of knowledge, though field of cosmology happens to be my passion. The book you mentioned "The end of physics" is written by (I think I am right) by some Lindley. I once scaned the book but will definitely read it now. If I may, I suggest that you should read "The first three minutes" by Steven Weinberg. Its an excellent book on the subject of the creation of universe (the best, in my opinion).
                        you are right about the theory of open/close universe. Stephen hawkings dicussed another possible scenario in his book (the brief history ...) that universe could collapse back (big-crunch) or could pass thru it-self without reaching singularuty (or crunching, if you may) and continues to expand in another direction. Sort of like pendulum action.
                        your next matter/anti-matter theory is discussed in "The first three minutes". In nut-shell, Universe started as a glob of pure energy. Later on, these energy particles (photons) disintegrated into two mass particles (one of matter, another of antimatter). The mustery is this that scientist still could not find that anti-matter. One theory says that there was a production of 10 billion an 1 matter particles to every 10 billion anti matter particles. These particle merged together. later on, to annihilate as photons, leaving 1 matter particle after 10 billion annihilations. Our universe, tday, is made of those left over matter particles.
                        Yes we can communicate thru e_mail. It will be my pleasure. My address is [email protected].

Enterprise:
                        Glad to meet you buddy. I am also a trekker. Yes it helps to understand Universe if you are a trekker. May I suggest a book "The physics of Star Trek", an excellent book, co-authored by Stephen Hawkings.

Daysee Behna:
                        Thanks for understanding. Life goes in cycle? I am sorry friend, but could you explain your question a little bit more.
                        The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Hi Mr T,
                          Hope you dont mind me calling you that.Thanx for taking a note of my suggestion, and a double thanx for the book you mentioned.I'l try to get it from the Library. Picard out.

Comment

Tariq,

Heavvvvvvyyyyyy stuff dude!
                            Now don't ask me whether that statement is about the matter or anti-matter . . .

Daysee Behna: I know where you can find a tutor for your condensed physics course . . .hint, hint. . . .nudge, nudge . . wink, wink.

Comment

Hi Tariq
                              thank you very much and now I am going to e-mail you as soon as I get time today.
                              and for other readors, Do we need to carry on our discussion here because we are switching to our E-Mails

Comment

Working...
                              X