What to do with Elian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with Elian?

Should he stay or should he go? (sung to the tone of The Clash's classic)

Corny jokes aside, I think the boy should go back. It's really pathetic hearing the voices of her materialistic relatives who believe that the boy will have a better future because of the opportunities available here. Somebody should tell them that the same opportunities are also available to the other kids in the US who don't quite turn out the way we would like them to.

Here's the thought: Could it be because of Parenting, or lack there of? hmmmm

why should corny jokes be aside..

how about this.

I'm an Elian, I illegal Elian, I am a Cuban in NewYork (would not rhyme if I put Miami..sung to teh tume of Police's Englishman in Newyork)

or

its no fun being an illegal Elian (forgot to sanf the illegal alien song)

I think he should go. If Us decides to keep him, it sets a precedence for all Desi fathers to run aay with their kids to Pak when they have issues with their american wife. In the instances that has happened, american media has been all over the case and presenting the father as a monster and demanding that the kid be returned to his country i.e. USA. This is exact opposite..
    lets see how this goes
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

They should get his father over here too. All will be resolved. At this point, it is more political and less humanitarian issue. The Cubans in Miami are a very powerful group and the US Justice Dept is not willing to take on a battle with them, for the fear of it coming back to haunt them. Politician on both side of the issue are trying to score points.

I think he belongs with his father.

Comment

Read in the papers today that a company (Alta Vista) wants to use the boy in their ads.

I think the dude will be a basket case by the time America is done with him!

Comment

send Elian to Peshawar http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I think that he should go with his dad in Cuba. Now that his mother is dead, there is no question that he belongs in the custody of his father. The Americans are being too wishy washy.

Comment

Working...
            X