X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember me ?

Hi there --- hows everyone doing ?
    I'm back from vacation !

Dear Bombaykid, How can anyone forget you? Where did you go? And tell us about how your vacation was.

Comment

Hey NYA,
      How's it going ? I had a great time in India -- went to my native place Goa and spent the New Year over there with family and friends. December is a great time to be in Goa with Christmas and New Year celebrations in full flow. Basically didn't do much but just ate and drank

[This message has been edited by BombayKid (edited January 19, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by BombayKid (edited January 19, 2000).]

Comment

Mumbai-Bachay

did you bring presents for me?

Fraudia http://www.pak.org/gupshup/fraudia.gif
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yeah I got lots of "Feni" (extremely hard Goan liquor) from Goa ---- want some --- you won't get up in the morning for work though ??
          Just kidding

Comment

Hmmmm Maulana Fraudia does not drink..
            but i do conduct lab tests on different forms of alcohol *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*
            send a sample over

My namaqool mureed hmcq has my contact info

Pir Fraudia http://www.pak.org/gupshup/fraudia.gif
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Welcome back BombayKid! I heard that too that Goa is really nice in winter. I have seen a lot of Indian movies picturized in Goa. Isn't there also an Amitabh movie, 'Bombay to Goa'?

Fraudia,

Man, I gotta say this, your icon is really cool. I think you should make a signature out of it.

Comment

Hi BombyKid

If Fraudia gets a present….I want one too

Oh and Welcome back

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited January 20, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys -- nice to see that not much has changed. The fights are still on in the "Politics" section
                  By the way, where's my good friend and "champion of secularism" -- Mr. Xtreme --- haven't fought with him for a long time !!

[This message has been edited by BombayKid (edited January 20, 2000).]

Comment

Bombay Kid:

So you are a native of Goa (in other words Goanese) that's cool. May I ask why you choose to call yourself BombayKid??

I was born and raised in Kenya (Africa) where there was a sizable Goanese population
                    all with the last names Menezes, Mendonca, Preira, D'Souza, D'Silva or Squerra. Do you fit in anywhere in there?
                    (pardon me if I am being too personal).
                    We had an equivalent of Feni that was called,quite appropriately 'Changaa'...Swahili for kill me quick). Now I know why the Goanese felt soooo
                    much at home there.

Comment

Bombaykid,

what we do is only sparring. I have the best punch-ups with your buddies like Fakepaki and Facedown. There's a good scrap going on in the religious forum at the moment.

Comment

Ofcourse we remember you
                        Welcome back!

------------------
                        Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The BeerHolder

Comment

Welcome back! what's happening in bombay nowadays ?

Comment

Antidote: Actually my native place is Goa -- but I was born and raised in Mumbai, Maharashtra. So although my native tongue is Konkani, I speak Marathi. So basically I am a Maharashtrian for all practical purposes (except when it comes to drinking I guess ). I am a Hindu Goan although about half of Goa is Christian (Catholic). "BombayKid" was a nickname of a good friend so I used it -- didn't think of anything else -- although I prefer "Mumbai". I was surprised to read that there are so many Goans in Kenya. Most Goans always prefer to go back to Goa once they retire. The state is a relatively new and it also got independent pretty late (1964). It was a pretty good experience !

Asif,
                            There's nothing interesting going on in Mumbai these days, although Maharashtra now has a new government. They are these days building a record number of flyovers in the city --- so driving is not as bad as it used to be. Apart from this nothing much has changed. I had heard that they had closed down a few bars and discos, but I guess it was just a rumour -- the night life has not changed a bit.
                            An interesting thing I noted was that the industry is slowly getting out of the recession and things are definitely looking up. There were so many new cars on the road. Those "Tata Indicas" are selling like hot cakes Hopefully the Asian economy will pick up now. I missed the AutoExpo 2000 in Delhi (it's Asia's largest car show) http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif Would have been fun ! Maybe next time !

Comment

Welcome back Bombay-kid, so you are from Goa.

I would love to visit Goa one day. What is the best time of the year and best place to visit in Goa.

P.S. BTW, I prefer Mumbai over Bombay anyday.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited January 21, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X