Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationalism

Salaams

Recently I have been feeling a sense of nationalism among Pakistanis throughout my college campus in America and the families as well. This is due to the recent Nuclear Testing and can only be surpassed by the time when Bhutto was kicked out in 1996(Allah ka shokar)! Though i believe the possibilities we could have accomplished by not testing were quite considerable, at least we are 'mostly' united in this cause against being dictated to by the international community and being threatened by india! Is the same feeling throughout or were the reactions different?

As Pakistanis we are desperate to find anything to give us some pride in Pakistan.

There has been a rush of patriotism recently but it will be short lived. The recent budget has been labeled a shambles by Leghari as it will do little to combat the effect of sanctions.

In the long run Pakistan is in serious trouble. I wish we had better leadership and better people.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

Hey all you guys don't worry about Pakistan - Nawaz Sharif told us all to send 10 dollars to Pakistan when he came to Manchester!
      There is hope yet!

Comment

hi!
        i belive that this is the first vital strike by pakistan since it has been made on inetrnational media .and should n't we feel proude just by thinking of the fact that we are one of the nuclear powersin world and of course we should alway hope for the best and arab's i belive will not letus down . because they need us now . every thing will go ok now or then but the fact of joining n7 will aways kick india back .

let's pray for the best.

[Note: This message was edited by Muzna]

[Note: This message was edited by Muzna]

Comment

I'm glad that many among us are looking towards the positive picture even in this time of hardship. Alhamdulilah! Keep the faith ya all May Allah take us all in His supreme aman. Ameen Sum Ameen!

PAKISTAN ZINADABAAAD!!!

Comment

HEY ALL,
            MR RICKSHAW, I AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT WE COULD'VE ACOMPLISHED SOMETHING BY NOT TESTING OUR NUCLEAR ABILITY. WHEN INDIA TESTED HER BOMBS, PAKISTAN HAD AN UPPER HAND. AMERICA'S FRIENDSHIP, BEING THE PRESENT POWER, IS QUITE ESSENTIAL TO OUR COUNTRY, KEEPING IN VIEW THE CONDITION THAT OUR COUNTRY IS IN.IF PAKISTAN WANTED TO TEST ITS BOMBS, IT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE IN SECRET.
            BUT THEN AGAIN, WHAT WAS IT THAT OUR COUNTRY WAS ACOMPLISHING. NOT MUCH.SO I GUESS THE BOMB TEST DID SOME HARM, WHICH IS NEGLIGIBLE.

BY THE WAY, MISS NAZIA, YOU'VE GOT A NICE SENSE OF HUMOUR.

Comment

Working...
            X