Sheikh Sadi....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheikh Sadi....

Shiekh sadi is one of the most well known persian thinkers...his books Gulistan and Boostan, use to be essential part of any library, unfortunately we dont see much of his work any more...
    His most famous work was his "Hikkayyaat" .These were short stories with sophisticated moral behind it...I want to share one story here and invite you all to htink about its message.
    There was a man who wanted to learn the language of the animals. He went to a wise man and requested to be taught. wise man discouraged him ," dont go to places where you dont belong , it would only do you harm". He insisted and the wise man gave in.
    One day he was sitting in his courtyard enjoying the sun, when he heard two crows talking.
    "I am hungry , i dont know when we will get somehting to eat"
    "dont worry, the master of this house has a Goat that will die tomorrow, and we will have something to eat"
    Our man got up quickly, grabbed the Goat, went out to the market and sold it. the next day crows were back again.
    " you said we will have goat today.where is it, i am hungry"
    "master sold the goat, it died insomeone else's house , but dont worry ,he has a cow that will die tomorrow and we will have a lot to eat"
    He jumped up , took the cow to the market and sold it .
    Crows were back again the next day..
    " where is the cow, I am hungry "
    " oh he sold it too, the cow died in someone else's house. But dont worry, he is going to die tomorrow, and there would be a feast, we will have all teh leftovers.
    so folks any ideas about the message of this story.

Some things are best to be unknown...

But that's not the hard part, hardest part is knowing what those things are.

Comment

Even harder is getting the real message of this story..

Comment

I think there are more than just one messages in this story. Depends which one is important to one, others one may or may not care much about.

Comment

hi nova jee
          i sure do remember saadi's hikaayaat...practically knew 'em all by heart.

hmm..imo...the moral of the story is that when trouble follows...it really DOES follow! when one thing goes wrong...it all goes wrong. *deep sigh*

khushiyaan akaili milti hain (aur kam)...gham saaray ikkatthay!

howz that

Comment

Hayya...
            Life itself is a joy...If it is getting sour, its our own doing..which can certainly be ..errr..undone.
            Facing adversity gives us a chance to do some thinking , revaluate ourselves. ...So that same mistakes are not repeated again, otherwise we can do ourselves real damage...
            Learn from your failures..its a blessing in disguise.

Comment

nova
              aap ko aap kay kahay per daad daite hoan jo kaha khoab kaha

Comment

uffo! acha jee...even though i was merely stating what i thought to be the moral of the shtory...i've safely stacked away ur naseehaton ka palanda in my zambeel.

now...really..i think the moral is that knowledge is power...but also dangerous.
                personally i think knowledge is painful. as i like saying....aagahi azaab hoti hay.

Comment

Working...
                X