Why cant I delete my own post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why cant I delete my own post?

I accidentally submitted a post twice, and wanted to delete the duplicate one, but it said that only forum moderators are allowed to do that. I am talking about my own post here guys. Freedom of speech, and freedom to delete. Isnt that the constitution of gupshup?

Akif,

Recently we have had to remove the delete option from functions available to the members because certain trouble-makers were attempting to abuse the system with it.

If you have a message that accidently gets posted twice, ask a moderator to help you out until such time as we are able to reinstate the delete option.

Thanks for your patience!

Comment

I don't know much about the bulletin board software but how can one abuse the delete feature ?

You don't have to tell us the technical part because I obviously won't understand.

Just explain how can one abuse the delete feature - can't they also then abuse the edit feature. There is no real difference.

Dev.

Comment

You mean no one has an answer to this question ????

amazed,
        Dev.
        ps: There doesn't seem any difference in Edit or Delete ... please do explain why ???

Comment

Dev
          jeez...give a girl some time will ya?

Delete allows someone to post somthing that is flaming....allow everyone to read it and respond and then..go back in a day and delete it...like it never happened.

Edit at least lets everyone know that they did comment..and edited it later (even the date)

Comment

Working...
          X