• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Colors in Pakistani Flag…..

Green and White

Jee, and....

Comment

Green for muslims and white for non-muslims.

Jaawan

------------------
      Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

the Star & Crescent is like a symbol for Islam. ya?

Comment

correction Kohal, Crescent represents Islam but star represents the five provinces of Pakistan (East Pakistan was the fifth one), I have also read that the star stands for five pillars of Islam. Dunno what's right though

Comment

shabaash!!!!

Comment

Yes, green represents Muslims and the white minorities...but the question is why 2/3 green and 1/3 white (these are the official proportions), whereas minorities are less than 2%. Any comments?

Comment

The percentage maybe indeed 1/3 when the flag was made. There was a carnage (both sided, in Punjab and to less extent elsewhere) during partition after that. Still a whole lot of minorities were left in east pakistan which were got rid of with formation of Bangladesh.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited December 18, 1999).]

Comment

1/3 is white coz we will allow a max. of 33% minorities. (just kiddin NYA)

Comment

Logically the star lying in the mid of crescent is not possible. Moon is a solid mass like earth, how the star can fit in the center of solid mass ignoring the basic concepts of astronomy while designing the flag.

Comment

By the same principals US flag was made haphazardly too since I have never seen stars in a nice neat grid like on the star spangled banner
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Who cares.........?????
                        it's a beautiful flag which gives us Pakistani's our identity.........

Comment

It is a beautiful flag-but I think that we should add the kalimah sharif to it as well (like on the flag of Arabistan [s. arabia]--this will show we are an Islamic republic!

Comment

I agree with you Asif
                            Nice idea,

Comment

Working...
                            X