Fireworks and silence of midnight hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireworks and silence of midnight hour

I think the fireworks in Paris were the best.
    And Barbara Walters looked a lil funny in her Red designer dress.
    Any comments?
    The silence at midnight hour in the African refugee camps was heartbreaking. What a contrast. I wish these nations had given some part of this celebration money to the needy homeless in Africa. They need $8 million and so far have only have half the amount to run those camps where they don't have basic necessities of life.
    I just wonder sometimes Why are they suffering? Is that there fate??

i think the Harbour (sp?) /Opera House in Sydney, Austalia was SpEctacuLar

------------------
    i made a million sellin' secret fantasies

Comment

though on a more serius note:-

oh Purple88, who knows what one's fate is set out as.

Comment

New york city is, was, and will be the best of all...IT roocksss, but others were great at there place, but still CAPTIAL OF THE WORLD IS CAPITAL OF THE WORLD GOTTA STAY AT THE TOPP, IT IS ON THE TOP!!!

Jaawan

------------------
        Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Well, to be honest with u, New York is one of the dirtiest cities I have ever seen. I think if you mention Houston or Toronto then I would agree with you.

(Time Capital of world is London Greenwich Mean Time GMT).

Comment

New Year New Millenium finally here!
            So long awaited!
            All the countdowns and all the confetti adds up to this silence in the end.
            Yeah it was great and all that jazz, but I just wish that all that money used on such unnecessary extravaganzas could have had a much better use. For example AFrica, or Chechnya or how about even Kashmir! Lots of people could have bought their life with the money we wasted just to sit back and relax when we should have had been thanking God Almighty for granting us the lifetime to move from one century into other. So much to be thankful for specially with the month of Ramadhan here. So much we take as granted but means the world to some other fellow humans!
            Peace till next time.

Comment

awwww yeh, the african silence was really serene and refreshingly soothing, when everywhere else countries were wasting electricity n' fire supplies et all.

yesh, the Sydney Opera House was really magnifecento, esp the ooga-booga's performing vertically on the dome

Comment

Najim something you dont care about you often dont like it even when its the best...hey its the CAPITAL OF THE WORLD...not a town!!! Its gota be little dirty...keep in mind world and money revolve around NYC. NewYorkCity RULES THE WORLD!!! Besides if you had some money in your pocket you wouldnt have said what you said...seeing new york city under brooklyn bridge is NO fun...you gota go beyond that unfortunately you couldnt. AAhh what da heck maybe in 2099...

Jaawan

------------------
                Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

nine hours of loud music, dancing and shouting http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif
                  i am in Recovery 2000 http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

but it was soooooo gooooooooood

Comment

The sydney harbor exhibition was actually the first major event of the new mill. - thats why it had a v charming appeal ...

But i think the best two were ofcourse the NEWYORK ball droppin n all and London -well i never expected the greenwich Monarchy would ever display such a feast - well they did and it was the most elegant of scenes i have ever set my eyes on!

MR.

Comment

hm, i know it's been 3 days since the events have happened - so i dont' know why i'm bothering to post this but
                      i like Egypt's celebration as well. So simple, like.......they had a stage show at the Bank of the River Nile - to celebrate the Nile by mixing the old traditions with the new traditions. it was realy pretty - and still simple.
                      and the lighted boats in the darkness of the Nile lighted up the river.

ohyeah, and this nation-wide Hip singer had been performing much better. wow, just wish i understood what he was saying.
                      khair...

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited January 02, 2000).]

Comment

London's fireworks were organized by the same person who did the sydney ones

Comment

Really Nadia. That person must be an experienced professional in the field

Comment

Jaawan,

Money is not everything in life, it is needed in life but it doesn't guarantee a good life. I have worked in New York for a while when I was sent there to work by my company so I know what u are talking about. I lived there for a month and then moved to New Jersey because NJ is at least a clean place.

Comment

Working...
                            X