Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference

Salamo-Alaikum

I was just watching some glimpses of this 'bollywood movie awards'. There were lot of muslims involved, but the sad part was that you could not differentiate from the looks, you had to know the name to find out that 'oh he/she is a muslim', otherwise you would easily be mistaken thinking otherwise.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I the only one?

Mostansar

why it is sad? who told u muslims look different from nonmuslims?

Comment

Yes billayya, I agree with your observation , and totally disgaree with your sentiment.

Comment

and the point is?

Comment

I may be wrong, but when he says they look the same, i think he means the dress, etc. Whereas, muslims are supposed to dress more modestly,this day and age they don't. No muslims don't look any different, nor should they need to. COrrect me if i am wrong. but i think i am agreeing with him,

------------------
          "Dil hai ki manta nahin"- always 714

~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
          ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

Comment

That's "INDIAN" film industry we're talking about, What difference does it make .. A Kunjar is a Kunjar weather Muslim or Hindu

[This message has been edited by L0stB0y (edited December 26, 1999).]

Comment

what is kunjar, is it caste?

Comment

AslamaoAlaikum
                I guess what I was referring to was like the lack of wearing hijab, shaking hands with men....But it is also applicable to men as well...
                I remember reading a hadith that said that the only difference between us and non-muslims is 'iman'.......
                Allah knows best.

Mostansar

Comment

oh okay...didnt get it first time.....sorry abt that.

Comment

"Does anyone else feel the same way or am I the only one?"

No Baleya u r not the only 1. U r just tryin to find/keep ur identity. Nothing wrong with that. That s the reason we are all here on GupShup.
                    So my advise........Just keep around here.

W'Salaam

Comment

My Point exactly in the post i mistakenly put on here the "COPY CATS"...but for somepeople it just takes longer than others to fully digest it all...now he is talking about muslims copying indians...isnt that the same case as pakistani muslims copying blacks here...NOTHING racial involved ofcourse!!!

Jaawan

------------------
                      Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Jawaan, muslims copying indians.. is statement like mulims copying arabs or muslims copying chinese. indian muslims are indians and not copying indians. muslim is a faith and not a race or conmmunity.

Comment

ZZ...damm right dude.
                          Jawaan...why do people automatically assume that an Indian is a 'kafir'?
                          You are forgetting that there are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan.

As for guys/girls shaking hands, etc.,
                          go take a look in Clifton area of Karachi.
                          There are bigger concerns there!

Over and out.

Anokha-Indian-Muslim-UK!

Comment

Guys guys, it's not being identity.
                            trust me on that one.

The point I was making is that, specifically for muslim sisters from subcontinent, it is hard to distinguish between them and hindus.

Even in some cases, muslim brothers are the same way.....

Is it that these people relate to indian culture (even pakistani culture is a mixture of hinduism and islam) more than they can relate to Islam?

Mostansar

Comment

Working...
                            X